Hip X-ray

NickyB

Reaction score
We got a letter for Lucy to have one next week, is this a routine thing? I've not read (and I have searched for it) anyone else mention it on here.

I don't know whether it's just my area or whether the paediatrician noticed something she didn't tell me. I've done a little search on the net and she doesn't have any of the symptoms of dislocation or dysplasia (sp?).

Evie had one, I think it was when she was about 12 weeks, but can't remember exactly :think:

When babba is born part of the checks they do in the first 24hours is to check their hips (they lay them on their back and kind of push the leg up and back into the froggy position) if you can remember them doing it?
One of Evie's was a bit 'clicky' which can be an indication of hip dysplasia so we were referred for an xray just to check it out.

It turned out everything was fine, they can do a bit of damage as part of the birthing process which corrects itself, this is what happened in Evie's case and by the time we went for the scan there was no problem.

I'm sure everything will be fine :hug: :hug:

Was your LO breach?

I know its comon practice when they are breach. DS had his about 12 weeks I think it must have been, it was a scan they did on the hips, said everything was fine :? I dunno why they do it. I just went along.

Kara had one at 6 weeks because I had hip problems as a baby so they check hers as routine even though at all the checks they have said they feel fine, the scan showed her hips were immature but stable possibly because she was 3 weeks early so we have to go back in a month for another scan to check they have matured. Im not too concerned as at her first check and at the 8 week check the doctors have said both time they feel really good. The lady who did scan suggested putting bulky nappies on Kara and carrying her in a carrier to encourage good hip position between now and the next scan

Ted had one as the GP thought he had a clicky hip, it was xrayed (well it was actually an ultrasound) and it turned out to be perfectly fine. :hug:

Thanks for your replies, she was three days late, and not breech. The paed' didn't mention a clicky hip, either she didn't say or it's something automatically done (but I expect that would be very costly).

Ah well, thanks for your comments, and I'm fairly confident nothing's wrong :)

x

Hope all goes well next week :hug: I'm sure all will be fine, especially as you haven't noticed any symptoms in Lucy :D

I haven't heard of the x-ray being routine in our area, will let you know if we get an appointment too :)

NickyB said:
The paed' didn't mention a clicky hip, either she didn't say or it's something automatically done (but I expect that would be very costly).

Have you got a red book hunni? They would have wrote it in there if it is clicky hip. Kayleigh had the same thing and had an ultra sound. All was fine - she was undiagnosed breach too :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back