• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Highlighting hair

newbie1984

Reaction score
Hi all

What are your thoughts on having hair highlighted during pregnancy?? I'll be 7 + 4 on Saturday and don't think my roots can last much longer!

I spoke with my midwife who said dying hair is not recommended however highlights are safest as they don't touch the scalp. Anyone had highlights during pregnancy?

Thanks

Hi there

congratsies on ur pregnancy

I had my hair highlighted when I was what i thought 6 weeks pregnant but was only 5.5 weeks. Spoke with the hairdresser who said the same as your mw because she uses the cap[ for highlughts the dye doesnt touch the scalp. I have booked in to get mine redone at end of June when i will be about 25 weeks xx

i dye my own hair have done through all my pregs never had any issues x

i would think so how u think all the celebs have perfect highlights n hair wen preg lol

I had my highlights done at 8 weeks pregnant and that was foils. No problems at all :) xx

I work as a hairdresser and there is no problems with getting foils as the bleach gets put half an inch from your scalp to give it room to swell, just make sure your in a well ventilated room, if ur really worried wait until after 12weeks xxxx

Half an inch.... Eeeek that's still some serious roots that will be left!!!! X

I got foils around 15 weeks, didn't want to do it in tri 1. Advice I've had is highlighting is fine as it doesn't actually touch the scalp whereas dying it does xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks newbie - I want to know this too! xxx

I am blonde and my regrowth is terrible. MW said if you HAVE to do it highlights are the safest option. But my hairdresser said there is no way she would have highlights done while pregnant purely because of the chemicals you are breathing in for a few hours. Even if you are in a room with all the windows and doors open.

I really want my hair done so bad, but for me the risk just isn't worth it.

xxx

OMG! Im booked in for a full head of bleach all over on saturday! thought nothing of it!! xxx

Thanks for asking this newbie I'd forgotten i have an appointment for my highlights in a couple of weeks. I've now changed it until I'm out of tri 1 to have them done-bring on the roots!!!

my hairdress said higlights r safe as nothing touches ur scalp and she said to b honest the worst thing that could happen is the colour nite not take well but have a chat with ur hairdresser x

i dyed my hair all the way through my pregnancy with my now 2yr old son, and dyed my hair 2 weeks ago pregnant with LO ive had no problems x

I dyed my hair all throughout needless to say i didnt do it in tri 1 as they say because of the hormones it may go a different colour then expected but ive had no probs x

I had my hair highlighted at 6 weeks and havent had problems (not that I know of anyway)

Was wondering what about loreal casting creme as it's a semi permanent?x

I had my highlights done during my first pregnancy and will do so again this time - not due to have them done until I'm about 12 weeks anyway. I looked into it last time and was reassured that there was no particular reason not to highlight as the dye doesn't touch your scalp x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back