High Chair dilemma

Urchin

Reaction score
Right ladies I need some opinions please.....
2 years ago our friends can to visit us from Ipswich, they had a 4 moth old baby and were just about to buy a highchair, so I said "don't worry borrow ours" Obviously we didn't have Bordy then and weren't trying or anything so had no need for it.

We kind of lost touch with our friends for a bit but recently I have been in contact again, and just last week they split up :(

I'm currently weaning Brody, and really need my high chair. I have been using his boucing chair, but it's a pain to clean and is getting kinda mucky.
I said to my friend Ellie to maybe come and visit us so I could be there for her in this rough time, but she said she doesn't really have the money to spend on petrol.

What do I do? I can't really afford a new high chair, this one was very expensive and really great. There's no point me going all the way over there to pick it up, I'd spent the money on petrol what it would cost to buy a brand new high chair.

Any ideas?

Anyone's hubby a courier?! :lol:

Sorry hun not really sure here. You've already mentioned the petrol costs for both you and her? Could you pay half for her petrol and ask her to bring it over??

No very helpful today am I :roll: Hope you come to some sort of solution soon x

Could you not ask her to post it to you? You could send her half the money so it would cost you both less than a tenner :?

hearts81 said:
Could you not ask her to post it to you? You could send her half the money so it would cost you both less than a tenner :?

Do you think? I have no idea about postage, but that sounds good, it's a pretty big one though :?

Just weighed my highchair (its quite big compared to some of my friends') and it weighed about 6kg. Looked on royal mail and for a standard parcel it would cost :dance: Think i've worked it out right. If so then it wouldn't cost you much at all!

Thanks for checking that for me!
(by the way what was the cost? I think you left it out of your post :lol: )

urchin said:
Thanks for checking that for me!
(by the way what was the cost? I think you left it out of your post :lol: )

Sorry lol dunno what happened there. The price was £8.74

WOW that IS good. Next time I talk to her I'll try to bring it up somehow.

Thanks for that :)

Well here's an update, I have text her asking her to post it and she said "it's not going to be an easy thing to post really" I've offered to pay for it.
I've emailed her, text her more than once and am just getting blanked.
I just rang her again and she quickly said she couldn't talk cos she's in the post office (not posting my highchair though as she doesn't have my address)

This is REALLY annoying me now, I know she's split up with him in April but if she was not going to return it she should not have borrowed it. I REALLY need a high chair now, and my tax credits have just been stopped so can't afford a new one.
The one I lent her was 80 quid! it's GREAT.
I WANT IT BACK AAAHHHHH

Does anyone live in Ipswich??

OMG I can't believe she's being like that about it, I hate people who borrow things and make it hard work to get it back. I bet you wish you never lent it to her now. Maybe she has got rid of it / broken it / sold it and daren't admit it??

ah-ha!
She called me back... I couldn't believe it!

She said she has cleaned it and has been really busy but hopefully will have time to post it tomorrow!
:pray:

I'm so relieved, Brody is 6 months now and I need a decent high chair, my bouncing chair is covered in food all the time :?

Will let you know when it arrives!

good on you!
and when you get the chair, we want pics of lovely brody having dinner in it :D

Great news!! Let's just hope it arrives!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back