HIgh Chair Help Please x

Tillytots

Reaction score
Hey :wave:

I need a high chair for Jamesy. He hates being on the floor in his bouncy chair - he likes to see whats going on :lol: so, I want to get him a highchair so he is on my level. He is only 3months and every chair Ive seen is from 6months +

Can anyone reccommend one for a little one?

Thanks in advance :hug:

I think they are from 6 months plus because thats what they recommend for weaning.

Evie sits in her highchai whilst we have dinner because we are trying to get that link with food going. She has really good head control so she's fine in it and prefers it to her bouncy chair as she can see more.

We got this one from Babies'R'Us. It was £49.99 IIRC

719870_l_a.jpg

They do it in blue too:
719587_l_a.jpg

connor's still pretty small for his age (14lb 5oz at last weigh-in) - but he fits nicely into his graco contempo highchair. i've been doing the same as you evie, and putting him in it at mealtimes.

i love our highchair as it has a really narrow fold so stores away more easily :D :D

we got a silvercross soverign one and it reclines so it's handy, quite expensive tho.

we have the graco contempo as well. It looks really comfy and fold small if you don't have alot of room. I think it's still on offer at Kiddiecare.

We have the Chicco Happy Snack and Ella has been in it since about 3 months as she was the same, hated to miss out on anything! It is really good as it reclines quite far back, so they are almost in the position of a bouncy chair. I agree with Jade, they say 6 months because of the whole weaning thing - as long as it reclines it should be fine.

Edit - we actually have the Chicco Polly! Just realised when I saw Lilysmummy's post!!!

We have the Chicco Polly Highchair.

282-0982355MMA70UC516700X.jpg

We had a look and it has loads of padding so its comfortable for madame. Shes on diddy and she fitted in great from 5months. Is it £100 minus a few pennies but I do LOVE it and dont know what we did before it :lol:

Hiya :wave:

We also have the Silver Cross Sovereign.

740977_l_b.jpg

We went and looked at the Chicco Polly but Toby struggled to put it up and down. I read reviews about the Silver Cross one and the consensus was it was easy to put up and down, which it is.

Its £100 but I bought it over a month ago when I found a 20% off discount code for Mothercare.

I've started to put Phoebe in it the past few weeks, she's fine in it! It reclines quite far, the harness is just about small enough. She weighs just over 14lbs, but is quite skinny. It is nice and high, but also goes low enough for me to feed her from the sofa if I need to (our flat is tiny) which was a must for me.

It has 2 trays which are 'microban' protected to help get rid of bacteria, and you can remove the top one after they've fed to leave another tray for them to play on.

I'm pretty sure it will come in VERY useful when we start weaning her.

Oh and I almost forgot to add - the box & instructions says 6 months / sitting unaided, but the website says from around 4 months.

http://www.silvercross.co.uk/Sovereign.php

If you buy online from Mothercare make sure you check out hotdealsuk they often have good discount codes - there's a 10% off one at the mo.

Hope that helps :hug:

ETA: Thats not Phoebe in the pic! But can take one with her in it if you want, just let me know :)

YAY! Thankyou ladies, I will have a look at all the ones you've reccomended :hug:

We'd like to do the same Tilly as Galen loves to see whats going on. Most of the time we put the bouncer in the middle of the table (its wide and long) and we sit either side of him. I know they say don't put on high surface, but really, where is he going while we are sat right there and he has over a foot width either side of him :roll: LO has really great head and neck control, just needs to improve strength in his back and it won't be long before he is sitting himself. Until then I'm sticking with the bouncer as I don't like the plastic high chairs and want a wooden one that converts into a low table and chair also. So holding out as long as I can :)

In other news, he rolled a few days ago, is trying to sit forward all the time and has the whole crawling thing going on and is working on the arm co-ordination and he'll be away round the floor :shock: As OH was crawling at 4 months and walking at 7 I'm not surprised but blimey, he's growing so fast I can hardly keep up :lol: How is James doing hun? He is looking well in pics :)

I got Evie a highchair today from Ikea for £9.99 Its lovely. I sat her in it to see if she liked it and she looked really comfy and well supported. I got the seat padding for it too which was £3 The tray is £3 too. Bargain for £16 and its really easy to clean.
0083243_PE209417_S4.JPG
it comes in red, blue or white.

midna said:
seed wont sit in a high chair but eats from her walker tray .. her food time is a personal time where she can go share it with drawers and cupboards and curtains meheh

Hehe @ the image that conjured up. So a bit of mouldy food in your saucepans and some foody hand prints on the curtains eh :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back