Hiccups..

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Why do babies get hiccups and how?!
Baby girl gets hiccups at least once a day now! :shock:
She has them at the moment too lol!

I've heard they get them because they are now drinking the amniotic fluid. I also heard if you eat sweet flavours, it makes them drink faster, which is more likely to cause hiccups hehe

Hmm that could be true as she does it after chocolate or ice pops lol! How strange!

Aaawwwwwww :) though that doesn't explain hiccups first thing when you wake in the morning does it heehee They feel so odd and nice at the same time I think, do you like her having hiccups Jayceesmumma?

mine doesn't have them anymore.. i don't think

i think it's got something to do with the amniotic fluid or something.... when they swallow it, they just getting used to it swallowing

I dont think mines ever had them. I havent felt them anyway :?

Lucy gets hiccups at night when i'm trying to get to sleep! I feel sorry for the poor little girl as I can't comfort her!

my LO has them nearly everyday thought it was sweet at first but now it can be annoying specially when im trying to get to sleep

Hi

My LO gets them loads too, i remember near the end Kiara got them loads and they never stops when she came out :lol:
Katrina

my little boy only seems to hav got them in the last month...IT good for DH to feel baby thoguh as he still only likes his mommy to feel him kicking.

I have read that they dont actually get hiccups they just practice?.

My litle one gets them once or twice a day too. I think its another girl as my girls were always hiccuping, i get them loads, but my husband only gets them if hes steaming drunk! :rotfl: I can actually make mine hiccup by eating chocolate followed by drinking water!! :lol:

i think i read somewhere that it helps strengthen the diaphram in preperation for all the crying its gonna do. i also read they cry silently in there too... awwwwwwwwwww

Ohhh my little one gets them ALL the time, says alot tho cos I eat alot of sweet stuff lol! I thought it was cute at first but its horrible when ur trying to sleep!!

Oh well, not long now till she's out then she can hiccup all she likes lol

mine used to get them all the time , she gets them now shes out to bless her

when u get a light tapping inside ur hips, is that LO's hiccups?

I think the best way to describe them trixipaws, is by saying they are very rhythmic, like a heartbeat, they keep to a pattern over a length of time, rather than with other movements and kicks where they have no pattern :)

Redshoes said:
Aaawwwwwww :) though that doesn't explain hiccups first thing when you wake in the morning does it heehee They feel so odd and nice at the same time I think, do you like her having hiccups Jayceesmumma?
Yeah its nice sometimes, but when your trying to sleep it is a bit annoying, although she's still when she hiccups so i dont get the massive kicks she usually gives me LOL! Its a break for my ribs :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back