excessive hiccups?

Claire

Reaction score
In the past 3 days I have noticed what must be hiccups. Just wondering if it is normal for the baby to have hiccups two to four times a day?

I cant' say my baby has had hiccups as many times a day as that but it has definitly been happening more often the further along I get.

Aparently it's because the baby is practicing breathing movements and swallowing little bits of amniotic fluid. Quite normal, although I'm sure just as frustrating for baby as it is for us when we get hiccups!

I'd say the same as Becky. Probably not four times a day but sometimes it's been a couple of times a day, sometimes none. It is normal as Becky says, I've read about it on Baby Centre and other forums. It's a weird feeling! :lol:

I've noticed my baby having the hiccups but not too frequently.

My son used to get them at least twice a day and sometimes as many as four times. I think it's normal, but varies by child. I actually liked it. It was a gentle reminder that he was there and doing ok. The one I'm carrying now, doesn't seem to get the hiccups, but I think she has a regular gymnastics regimin going on in there.

As always, if anything worries you consult your doctor/midwife. That's what they're there for and no one wants a worried, forgetful, hormonal woman on the loose!

-Suzy

I just wanted to make sure that it's not because I'm not drinking enough water. I'll talk to my doctor about it on Monday.

Thanks for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back