Hi

newbie1984

Reaction score
Sorry this is really difficult for me but I don't really know what to do. Oh and I have been together nearly 2 yrs and after a few weeks of trying to fix things yesterday he called time on our relationship and being a family. To say I'm in bits is an understatement. He says he just doesn't feel the same and would rather our son grow up with us both happy. Except I'm not happy. I'm devastated. I can't stop crying and I don't know what to do.

We were about to move house and I was due to go back to work in January 4 days a week. Now my whole world has been turned upside down and my life is falling apart.

I know I'm not the first person to do this alone and I won't be the last but right now I've never felt such pain :( I'm trying to stay strong for my boy but I just look at him and break down about everything.

I can't say if this will be the same for you, but this happened to a friend of mine too - her oh left her and the baby at a few months old - but turns out he just had a massive freak out about the baby and settling down. Bit like a mid-life crisis type thing. Could be that he's overwhelmed with the new responsibility? Took her oh a good few months to realise the error of his ways, but they're still together now and their lo has just started school. Don't want to give you false hope and obviously that won't help how you feel now, but it might be that you'll work through this and it'll be nothing more than a blip in a year or so?! xxx

No I don't think so. My baby is 9 months and things haven't been good for a while.

Sorry to see you in here.
Im.sure it hurts but time is a great healer i believe. X

It can be really painful when a relationship breaks down. It's a physical pain as well as an emotional one and it can be very difficult to see a future. Trust me, though, there is a future. It won't be the one you envisioned but then again no future is ever how we pictured it when it's our present. Time is a great healer. Let it hurt, go through the emotions, if you need to then speak to your gp, ask for help from friends and family. Good luck xx sending you lots of love

Huge hugs hun, you know where we are if you need us and that we understand how youre feeling right now.

Your situation sounds similair to my own and I understand how much it hurts. I couldnt stop crying for quite some time. It felt like my life was over and couldnt see any good in my future.

However it DOES get better, I am so much happier now than I was before and this needed to happen for me. It took a couple of months or so for me to get back to myself and feel like I was over it iykwim. Even then I found myself looking back abit but I wanted to carry on forward. I have been on dates since and actually quite like being a single parent now.

Nothing anyone says atm will help, but just remember everyone is there for you. Cry, scream, shout if you need to! Dont hold it in. I do believe to an extent that things happen for a reason, you never know this could be the start of greater things for you and LO even thought it seems a million miles away right now. If you have friends or family who can come and keep you company, have LO for an hour or just play as a distraction then that can help

Realky do feel for you hun. Keep your chin up, youre gonna be great xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back