Hi!!! We are back from Scotland. In one piece!!!!

Lou

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year to you all, hope you are all well. We got back from Scotland a couple of days ago. We had a great time but had to head home because of the bad weather. We managed to get right up to John O'Groats though so we had pretty much gone as far north as we could get :D We visited lots of great places, Loch Lomond, Mull, Loch Ness, Aviemore and we even crammed in 2 days at Wasdale in the Lake district. The weather was great at first so we had some lovely walks and bike rides but then it all went a bit pear shaped. My OH Jed broke his tailbone sledging and I fell off my bike and badly bruised my leg and the wind was blowing a gale so we had a massive long drive south and stayed at Jed's mum and dads in Bolton for 2 nights then came home.

Nice to be back on the forum. Got a ton of washing to do but will try and catch up between loads :)

Lou x :)

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Sunny bolton.... ive got rellys there....

did you have to go to the "th'opsital" hahhahah :D

Hi Lou welcome back! :wave: Glad you had a good time :cheer: but sorry about your injuries! :(

:wave: Hiya :wave:

We've got a splitty VW and went to a wedding up near Thurso Easter before last. We drove up the east coast to the wedding, then had a weeks holiday driving along the top and back down the west coast, god it was so beautiful. Way to cold for us in the winter though (no heating :D ). We are going back in September for our hols, can't wait.

:wave: :wave:

I must have missed something, I thought you were going to France?

Welcome back anyway......

We were going to France but Jed's passport didnt arrive in time. It was here when we got home though :roll:

We are going to France now in July with some of our friends from the VW club.

Thanks for the replies welcoming me back girls :D

Fluffy Bunny said:
:wave: Hiya :wave:

We've got a splitty VW and went to a wedding up near Thurso Easter before last. We drove up the east coast to the wedding, then had a weeks holiday driving along the top and back down the west coast, god it was so beautiful. Way to cold for us in the winter though (no heating :D ). We are going back in September for our hols, can't wait.

Hi :wave: Do you go to any of the VW shows? they are good fun.

lou said:

Just the local ones, we haven't stayed over at any. The next one we are going to is dubfreeze in Feb and we usually do Stamford Hall as well. Ours is a bit of an 'ongoing' project :D Having to love the rat look at the moment (no choice!) but have such a great time in it when we go away. Evie loved her first VW holiday this year - she'd never slept so well, thought I was going to have to sleep on the drive in it when we got home :lol:

Fluffy Bunny said:
lou said:

Just the local ones, we haven't stayed over at any. The next one we are going to is dubfreeze in Feb and we usually do Stamford Hall as well. Ours is a bit of an 'ongoing' project :D Having to love the rat look at the moment (no choice!) but have such a great time in it when we go away. Evie loved her first VW holiday this year - she'd never slept so well, thought I was going to have to sleep on the drive in it when we got home :lol:

Jed is going to dubfreeze again this year with club 80-90. I'm giving it a miss because its usually a big piss up lol. We are all going to Stamford Hall though. Isaac also always sleeps really well in the camper, we all do. We have a high top on now so Jed sleeps up there and me and Isaac are down the bottom with loads of room :wink: This year I am driving my beetle to Brighton Breeze which should be a laugh. Jed won't let me drive the T25 till I have passed my test. I can't wait!!!! The big shows can get a bit noisey at night to sleep over with kids so Jed goes to all of them and me and Isaac go to the smaller ones. We go to Cornwall every year with the club and we all go crabbing at Cromer which is such a laugh. Roll on the summer!!! :D

I have family up near John Ogroats and Thurso. Did you pass through a little village called Lybster?
Sounds like a nice time apart from the accidents! Glad you got back safely!

Melanie said:
I have family up near John Ogroats and Thurso. Did you pass through a little village called Lybster?

Yes! Lybster rings a bell. With some of the really small villages you can see the 'goodbye haste ye back' signs the same time you can see the 'welcome please drive safely' signs :rotfl: Wick was a bit of a surprise, we werent expecting a big town after driving though such small villages for miles. Was good though, we re-fueled and had breakfast in tesco's :wink:

Yeah Lybster is the last village you pass through before you get to Wick. Its a nice little place, i spend at least a week up there every year but i havent been since Thea was born. That will have to change soon i think!

lou said:
Fluffy Bunny said:
lou said:

Jed is going to dubfreeze again this year with club 80-90. I'm giving it a miss because its usually a big p*ss up lol. We are all going to Stamford Hall though. Isaac also always sleeps really well in the camper, we all do. We have a high top on now so Jed sleeps up there and me and Isaac are down the bottom with loads of room :wink: This year I am driving my beetle to Brighton Breeze which should be a laugh. Jed won't let me drive the T25 till I have passed my test. I can't wait!!!! The big shows can get a bit noisey at night to sleep over with kids so Jed goes to all of them and me and Isaac go to the smaller ones. We go to Cornwall every year with the club and we all go crabbing at Cromer which is such a laugh. Roll on the summer!!! :D

Cool! my DH is a wee bit sad that he'll need to put seatbelts in the rear of his 64 bug he's restoring...told him sacrifices have to be made...i'm going to have to take the bucket seats out of my classic mini!!! he he

oh well at least recaro do baby seats!
hang loose!

Melanie said:

Cool, thats where we went to the wedding - The Portland Hotel :D The brides family live in Lybster. We stayed at the hotel and walked down to the sea the next day to clear our heads! Its very beautiful up there, but VERY isolated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back