back from my little break

I was born and raised in plymouth and used to make plenty of trips over to cornwall to the beach.

I have now been living in Birmingham for 2 yrs, I much prefer living in birmingham there is more to do, living by the sea isn't that great really! But i do like to go down south during the summer, I appreciate the sea air more then :D

Depends where you want to rent - Nigel Green is an estate agent that covers my area which is in South Devon. I think you were probably in a nicer area, though there are loads of beaches nearby. Paignton is a seaside resort :) looks like you'd pay around £795 for a new 3 bed 3 storey property.

www.nigel-green.co.uk .

There is a BT call centre in Exeter, you could see if you could get a transfer.

As for wages they aren't great compared to up country, but you should be able to find out more from your work about what you'd be on if you moved down here.

dionne said:
yep i could have looked over the cliffs all day its so nice and relaxing. was very romantic was waiting for kris to "pop the question" :wink: seems it was the perfect setting but he still didnt :evil:

I thought you were already engaged Dionne, are you not??

Glad you had a great time. I only live 20 mins away from the sea but as we dont drive I've never been there in over 10 years!! :shock: (apart from 2 times when I've been abroad that is...oh and a few drunken nights in Blackpool too :lol: )

No hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still not engaged. i refuse to ask him. iv made to many hints now.
i even cut the picture of the ring i want out of the argos and gave him it. its only £99 :(

and every time a wedding comes on the tv i throw myself on the sofa (nikki style) throw my head in my hands and winge "i waaaaaaant to gettttt married"

he just laughs and says i will ask u soon...

at first it was i will ask you before your 18. then it was before Dior is born then it was before Dior was 1 then before Harley was born then before i was 21. now its before christmas!!!!!!!!!

do i sound a pushy girlfriend :rotfl:

i just dont feel proud when i walk about with my babies with no ring on my finger :evil:

ummmm cornwal is lovely

im jelous :cry:

its so much more relaxed then the city full of factories and high rised buldings

I live in Plymouth Devon, I moved from London and I love it here! Renting near me for a three bed house is around £650. There is one next door to me at the mo for £600. I live just on the outskirts about 5 miles from the city centre and about 5 mins drive from the most gorgeous views of the sea you could ever imagine! I love Plymouth because it's still a city which I am used but you can get right away from it within a 5 min drive! We've just had a new huge shopping centre open as well. Don't get me wrong some areas here are damn right awful but for the most part it's lovely.

Only problem is wages really but it depends what you do! If you've got a skill then you're alright really. My hubby's a welder so he does alright for himself. It's worth it though! So glad my son will grow up somewhere right by the sea!

I live in Dorset, in a seaside town. I honestly would not live anywhere else. Its great, so peaceful and clean, whenever I go to a city area I always feel so grateful for the place I live.
We dont have many highstreet shops but then they are only 20-25 minutes away in the car, we have all the basic ones like Woolies, Boots, New Look etc.
Places to rent are fairly expensive (hence the problem we have finding a place!!) and to buy is even more dear and like Kina says wages are not half as good as they are up country.

But then wherever you live you are always going to have plus sides and down sides, it depends on what you and your family want from life :)

I have the best of both worlds, I live in a capital city by the sea! Edinburgh :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back