Hi ladies

bizzygirl101

Reaction score
Hi

Me and OH have decided to actively start trying for a brother or sister for Alexander. We havnt used anything since he was born but have avoided intercourse at certain times, last month i thought i might have been preggers but wasnt then we realised we were really dissapointed so decided to start trying, i am really excited. I stupidly, without consulting you guys, went and bought some ovulation testing kits from superdrug, they are superdrug own ones. Are they any good? Also you only get 5 per pack so i assume you use them when you think you are near ovulation to start with instead of every day of your cycle? I know that there are some real experts in the forum so looking forward to picking your brains and becoming part of the forum community again

Hiya and welcome!

Can't tell you about the ov tests because ive never used them and not really planning to we are just doing the bizz and hope for the best :D Things like that would drive me nuts and take over my life because id get obsessive :oops: lol So just going with the flow.

Good luck TTC :wave:

Hi and welcome!

I do not use ov tests myself so I can not really comment on them.

Good Luck TTC. :hug:

Welcome Hun!

I'm going to try and use Ovulation tests starting tomorrow, but i've never had much luck before with them, so i'll leave it to the experts to give you their advice on them and i'll listen in!

Hi bizzygirl101,

I got some of the clearblue ones last month to give it a go. I had assumed that I ov-ed on day 14 and thought i'd wait til day 11 to start using the tests - only to discover a positive that day. I had ov pains the next day and then did another one that afternoon and got just a faint line - a negative. I don't use them now but they helped me to realise that I ov earlier than I thought. This month I ov-ed day 12 again and we have our fingers crossed. :pray:

Lisa

:wave: welcome back to the section and i hope you don't have long till your bfp

Hi :wave:

Good luck with the ttc journey, I hope you get your BFP soon.

Hiya and good luck TTC number 2 :D

I cant comment on OV strips as they baffle me :wink: :hug:

I prefer the ebay cheapies as I can test as often as I like without feeling like I'm breaking the bank :D

I haven't tried the superdrug ones but I found the boots ones much less sensitive than the ebay ones and as the ebay ones were less than 50p each (some sellers less than 30p each) that made my decision easy.

The main problem with only having 5 tests is you've gotta be pretty sure when you're going to ov and just use them to confirm that you are ov'ing as expected as you have none to waste, some ladies need to test twice a day to catch their LH surge others have text book cycles and always ov on the same day, if you're the latter than you should be ok.

Good luck, hope you catch that egg soon :hug:

thanks everyone, i am suspecting that the ov testing sticks are gonna be a bad idea, but i needed to go and buy something, i dont have any idea when i ovulate so was hoping to get a rough idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back