Hi I'm New - Here's my story...........

Loobie9

Reaction score
Hi everyone, :wave:

I've been reading and following this forum for a month or so now, and it's been extremely helpful and i'm picking up lots of tips and advice.
I'm 35 and DH is 43 been tring to conceive for a while now, and have just been given an appointment at clinic to discuss options going forward for fertility treatment. So far we've just been trying on our own and no joy..

My period is due this Thursday, I have a 35 day cycle. Am waiting to see what happens. I have sore boobies, but that's about it. I normally get this with AF, so trying not think about it too much, but like us all it's there in the back of my mind, just hoping.......... :pray:

I do have a question though, i have never been about to get a positive on my ovulation, if my cycle is 35, would i be right in testing from about day 18 onwards ?.

Thanks guys and roll on those BFP............... :moon:

:wave:

I would think day 18 or so is prob about right to start testing.

I know some people never get a + on OPKs, but sometimes its because they have missed it - so you could try testing twice a day (although I dont think you are meant to use FMU).

Have you tried charting you temp - that can help with identifying when ovulation occurs
x

i think i have been just missing it in the past... :?

as for charting temp, tried but didn't get on with this, does it work ?. is that what you do ?

With temps, you have to do it right (i.e. at around the same time every morning if you can and it has to be as soon as you wake up before you get up - even to go to the loo) but it can be helpful in pinpointing when ovulation has occured.

I just started charting this month, so I will have to wait for a bit until I can see any sort of pattern, but I know a lot of the girls on here find it very helpful in finding out when their fertile times are....a lot of people use the fertility friend site to chart their temps as it tells you when you are likely to be fertile and is sometimes easier than trying to see patterns yourself.

There are also saliva 'ferning' tests which test for relevant hormones when you lick the end of a microscope lens (which are re-usable for 2 years) - mine is a calista, and again, its the first month ive used it - but it can help to show when you are 3 days before ovulation and the actual day of ov too so it should be handy - I got one as I wasnt sure where in my cycle i ov'd so it would have been expensive for me to get OPKs and try every day......I will prob use those too when the ferning pattern shows up on the microscope to make sure.

x

Hi Loobie9 :wave:

I've been charting since July this year but only temping since Oct and even though I'm only on my 2nd cycle of temping I find it a great help.

It was a pain at first to do but now its second nature in the morning before I get out of bed.

Good luck at the clinic

:D

Oh I also tried OPK's this month and got neg results everytime even though my temps said I ovulated!

So I might try the ferning kit next month!

Oh yes I also use Fertility Friend for charting but for some reason I go on the .com site which I think is American but they are great on there if my chart looks a bit strange, they help out with advice!

Hi Loobie

I'm just coming to the end of month 6 (notice how I didn't say I'm just about to start month 7!!! Still hoping for the BFP :wink: ) and I'm in my 2nd month of temp charting.

TBH I have found it really useful and it makes it so much easier to see your OV date on. I always thought that I OV'd on CD14 but for the past two month it's been CD15. I know it's only a day but it means we might have missed it before because we stopped BDing too soon so I can thoroughly recommend it.

Welcome to the site by the way

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back