Hi everyone

MumOfTwo

Reaction score
I'm 30 years old and on my fifth pregnancy (two children and two miscarriages) and am currently 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

Not sure why but I am absolutely petrified of miscarrying (again). I have had no symptoms, no pain, no bleeding but can't shake this really bad feeling :cry:
It seems like everything is different with this pregnancy, more so the fact that you don't see a midwife until you're 9-10 weeks pregnant (was straight away on previous pregnancies).

I know I'm probably being irrational but I just don't know what to do!! I refuse to let myself get excited in case I jinx myself but don't want to feel worried all the time either!

Arghhh I'm doing my own head in lol :rotfl:

:hug: Aww hun, I know how you feel.

I am petrified at the moment that I will miscarry again!

Please dont worry that you havnt got symptoms, thats normal alot of women luckily dont!

But Iknow that they can be reasurring so I understand how worried you are.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You're not alone in that feeling hun, we are a huge bunch of worriers in this section :wink:

Congratulations on your pregnancy, hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :hug:

Congrats! :clap:

Don't they monitor you more if you've previously MC'ed? :think: If so, that might help put you more at ease.

I haven't seen a midwife yet so haven't had a chance to discuss it with anyone. I did mention it to the doctor when I went to confirm my pregnancy (although all the told me to do was put my name down for the midwife and took my word for it on my estimated due date) and she didn't do a great deal to put my mind at rest...just said it happens to one in six pregnancies. Nothing else :(

I know my mind isn't going to be put at rest until my first scan which won't be until I'm about 12 weeks gone (not had a call off the midwife yet for my first appointment and don't expect to get a call for another couple of weeks) and I'm so scared of what I'm going to see on the scan.

My last miscarriage was last year after a heavy bleed and I seen my baby on the screen with no heartbeat....don't think I can go through that again

i think it might be better if we dont find out till we were 13 weeks sometimes :hug:
try not to worry :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Congratulations!!
Seeing as you've had a couple of miscarriages you should ask your dr to refer you to the early pregnancy clinic. I'm sure they would do a scan for you to put your mind at rest. I've had a couple already because of my miscarriages but I had to ask, they never offer. Ask them, they can only say yes or no!!

Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back