Hi everyone. I've just joined 2nd tri.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Hi had my 12 week scan this morning; :D

Got put forward a week so I'm actually 13 weeks 4 days.

I'm only small and a size 8, well I was till i got this big belly, scan person said I am looking at havin a 8lb 4 baby!! How will that come out?! :rotfl: I'm still in shock. Has anyone else been told that before and had a smaller baby? My friend said it will prob be a boy if its gonna be that big. Is this true?

Can't believe I've made it here I'm so excited and relieved. I can stop worrying now. Will have to change my ticker!

Love Danielle xxx

Welcome to the second tri chill zone! :dance: :cheer:

I still haven't got used to the lack of worry but it's heaven trying!

pinkangel said:

I'm only small and a size 8, well I was till i got this big belly, scan person said I am looking at havin a 8lb 4 baby!! How will that come out?! :rotfl: I'm still in shock. Has anyone else been told that before and had a smaller baby? My friend said it will prob be a boy if its gonna be that big. Is this true?

Can't believe I've made it here I'm so excited and relieved. I can stop worrying now. Will have to change my ticker!

Love Danielle xxx

wow, thats amazing-i thought they measured the baby to determine how many weeks you are and then around 20wks they start putting the weight down?

i know later on in preg the measurements are not too correct unless they scan you. Don't worry hun, your be fine. You may give that lady who just gave birth to the 17lb er a run for her money :rotfl:

anyway congrats :cheer:

pinkangel said:

Love Danielle xxx

congratulations. But how on earth can a sonographer estimate a babys birth weight at 12 weeks :roll: its pathetic.
however just coz you're a size 8 doesn't mean you can't pass an 8 pound baby. :wink:
And the sex has nothing to do with the size of the baby.

:wave: :wave: Hello...

Don't worry they can't tell a baby's size from the 12 week scan... plus I was a size 8 before I had Tia and she popped out a healthy 8lb 9oz... :rotfl: :rotfl: And she just slid out...

Hi thanks for all the welcomes. She had this chart on another computer, like a graph. A bottom line that showed if the baby was under weight for its size/how many weeks it is and a top line showing I assume a heavy baby and mine was in the middle, nearer the top line. She said it was just an estimated delivery size if the baby kept on progressing as it was. Think it was just an estimate. My sister in law is 24 weeks and asked her what they'd told her (it was the same hospital) she said they never mentioned it to her. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back