Hi all - can I come in?

EmilyB

Reaction score
Hello! So I have been around the forum a bit - lurking, not posting that often. I am now onto cycle 9... Had tests done and OH has had 2 x semen analysis - all fine apart from 11% antisperm antibodies which the doctor said wasn't an issue because he has high sperm count, good motility etc.

Anyway, I am very confused about why it isnt happening for us - OH has a son who is 11 and I have regular periods (last 2 were 26 days and longest has been about 29). I ovulate every month and AF arrives 15 days after. So... Why hasnt it happened? With my mum, my sister, my cousins it has happened 1st time, 1st time, 1st time!

The only thing I can think of is that I have been very negative from month 1 - I tried to conceive with my ex-hushand a few years ago and it just didnt happen - it turned out to be because of his sperm count but it really affected my confidence and my enjoyment in the whole experience - i was dredding it not happening again and my negativity has proved me right!

Anyway, just wondering if you have any thoughts on why it isnt happening if OH is ok and if I OV regularly etc. I know 8 months of TTC isn't long but surely it is if my cycles are short and blood tests, tubes etc are fine. I haven't ever had a pregnancy - not one single BFP and I just don't know how many more times I can face another month of disappointment :cry:

Thank you for listening ladies - it's a lonely old time when you are LTTC isn't it...?

Lots of love and dust to you all :love:

I could throw a few possibilities at you and i don't mean to undermine your frustration because i know how hard it is... but. It has only been 8 months :oooo:

I can appreciate you having diagnostics done because i don't think anyone can have them too soon but as far as the doctors are concerned, you are in the all clear and you need to have faith in that unless you have reason to doubt it, which i don't think you do.

I'm sure you'll have your BFP before too long :hug:

Last edited:
Thank you Louise - I know, I know, I appreciate what you are saying and if anyone else was saying they'd been trying for a whole 8 months, I'd tell them exactly what you said! I'm 35 next month too so I guess I am hearing that "tick tock" too...

I just wondered if anyone knew any if a negative frame of mind hinders your chances - I feel like it is a very good form of contraception!

Thanks for your response and hope all is going well with your IVF cycle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back