Unexplained??

EmilyB

Reaction score
Hi all

So I have been TTC for 11 months now and because I am 35 I went private and got all the bloods done and had my tubes checked and all fine.

I have regular periods and I ovulate.

This month I tried Letrozole (which is like Clomid) and produced two mature follicles - they said that of course this meant a risk of twins.

We DTD at the right times the day of my positive OPK and 3 consecutive days after.

My OH's sperm count is fine and he has a 12 year old from another relationshipe.

I am 9 dpo and have just done a first response and it is negative - it might be too early but I don't feel any different from any other month.

My question is, why if there is nothing wrong is it not happening for us?

This month, the letrozole produced 2 eggs and, it seems neither one was fertilised. Plus, letrozole assists with the lining of the womb so should have helped implantation of at least one of these eggs surely?

I feel so sad and desperate.

Do you have any advice?

Thank you x

awww i don't really know what to say , but 9dpo seems a little early to test, i know some women get their BFP's then but for others it can be past 14dpo before you do, The only thing i can think to suggets is th PH of your cevical mucus?? sometimes this can damage the sperm, other than that everything seems good and just because it may not work one month doesn't mean it won't another.

Try not to obsess and stress (i know its easy to say )

Good luck x x x

Hi Emily, you're not alone in wondering why. So many of us here have had numerous tests come back fine and it still isnt happening for them.

I've been ttc for 16 months now, OH's spermies are fine, and Ive had my bloods and tubes checked - all coming back fine. I have a regular 28 day cycle, and yet every month I'm disappointed - it can be so heartbreaking just not knowing what is going on.

All I can say is to just hang on in there - at least you know that you and OH are fine, and hopefully one day it will happen for you - it just may take a bit longer.

Hi EmilyB

I too was unexplained for years, still am really. I had 3 attempts with IUI and nothing, no reason :(

All tests came back normal for both hubby and I and still no answers. It has to be one of the most frustrating categories, to not know whats wrong, we can't work with anything!

I eventually went for IVF and because i had 16eggs they decided to put 8 for ivf and 8 for icsi. 8 for ivf did not fertilise, spermies were still swimming around by the morning and no fertilisation? Those that went for icsi fertilised.

So i may have a little answer here but i don't understand why hubbys sperm will not penetrate my eggs?

Two were put back and now i am 1/2 way through my (singleton) pregnancy, still can't believe it really!

Sadly, i had no eggs to freeze but would do the procedure all over again next time ;)

Hope you find some answers hun and hang in there xx

Lots of baby dust to you xx

Hello girls,

Thanks so much for your replies...

Nothing makes it feel any better does it?

Kerrianne - congratulations to you :) I keep thinking about IVF but I sure you felt the same for a long time before you went ahead with it that it seems a big step if there is nothing wrong - I know it is all worth it in the end but I feel it is such a big step plus an even bigger fall if it doesnt work and I am not sure I will cope with it :(

Naomi - you will definitely get your BFP - I can see you had a MC so you know that your egg and OH's spermies are at least compatible - that is my worry :(

Kirsty - I guess it could be the CM but not really sure what to do about that either.

I know 9dpo is probably too early but I just feel like I "know" that I'm not every month as I am sure you girls do too.. The longer it goes on the less likely it seems..

FX for all of us thou ey? :) xx

Yes you're right I did get pg once, but to be honest it all seems like so long ago now. At first we were really hopeful that it would happen again, but now were starting to think along the lines of ivf. I just count myself lucky that we live in a society where we can get this sort of treatment :)

Naomi - I have by coincidence just had a txt from a friend who is now pregnant but took ages to get there. She thought it was acupuncture that helped BUT.. she has just been for a 10 week scan and they said the baby was very far back. It turns out that she has an inverted uterus (which I also have) and the dr said that this causes no problems with birth but can cause difficulties conceiving...

Why i have i not been told this before??!!

Do you by any change have a tipped uterus? :)

Hiya Emily - it is frustrating when you are left with unanswered questions...

I mean my hubby is "sub-fertile" but we don't know why he is sub fertile and it plays on our mind even though we are already undergoing IVF.

I think you need to just go for IUI then IVF as soon as possible just to know whether or not it will work for you.

If it doesn't you are still exactly where you was before but at least you know you tried everything before it was too late.

IVF is just as much a diagnostic as a treatment. Every cycle is a step forward... well, not in my case, but it lots of people's case :oooo:

You know its funny you should ask that - when I went for my HSG a couple of weeks ago, they diagnosed me with a retroverted uterus!

I could see it on the screen, and it looked like it was folded in half backwards with my tubes and ovaries pointed downwards more than up.

They also told me that it wouldnt have any bearing on having a baby as it rights itself around the 10 week mark, they also said that it shouldnt make any difference to conceiving - but I have read that it can be an indication of endometriosis, which CAN affect ttc.

A good friend of mine also has a tipped uterus, and has had 4 kids no probs - so who knows eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back