Hey Josephine-beth, Cyprus advice

traceyjones

Reaction score
Hi there

I was told you live in Cyprus and wondered if you would mind helping me out with some advice.

We are coming over for a holiday at the end of September (Argaka) and was wondering if you could tell me if I will be able to buy Pampers or Huggies Nappies, and jars of baby food like Cow & Gate or HIPP organic or similar?

I have twin boys of 7 months and the amount of food I would have to take would weigh a Tonne!

Look forward to hearing from you.

P.S. Hope your feeling OK - not long now - it's so worth it!

Right, I am not too knowledgeable at where youa re staying but I know the village is close to Polis, only a 20 - 30 min drive from Paphos. However, Cyprus does do Pampers and huggies and their own brand, also the mushy baby food lol

The best places to go are the big chain stores i.e. Alpha Mega, Carrefour, Orphanides etc.

If you are feeding them powder milk, lopamill (if I spelt that correct) are either not availbale or hard to find. SMA gold, nestle powder milk is available in the above shops too. I would advise, however, that you bring enough for a day or so, so that you can find your way. I don't know the directions but if youa re staying in a hotel, the reps should have a map or guide you correctly. Some hotel reps may even be kind enough to go buy it for you.

Be aware though, the pampers here are made here, the quality isn't as great as the UK version. Huggies though are a lot better, even for a little bit more dosh.

Sorry I took a while to reply, our internet has been playing silly buggers!

Also, we do have Mothercare shops over here, not so pricey but they sell the nappies.

Mind you, for better directions to places or more advice, as I am in Nicosia and not right down south of the island, visit http://www.bfctradingpost.com/clboard/ it's a board for ex-pats, a lot of mothers on there and such, they will have more info for you.

Hope this is ok?

Thank you so much J-B, that is very helpful - so pleased to hear you have a Mothercare too. I feel so much better now.

We have a car and are staying in a villa so we will have to do a few shopping trips for food anyway.

I will also look at that website - it sounds perfect.

I never realised how much harder it would be going on holiday with two LOs in tow - wow, I reckon I'll need a holiday after LOL !

Take care, and thank you again.

Tracey, I just had to say - I love your picture, they look so cute!!!!

Alfie

Not a problem tracey! They also have nannies over here that are very cheap for day care and reliable, I am not sure of the company names they come from but I heard about it from some locals. Polis area is lovely, If you can, get down to Latchi, the beach is peaceful and it would be perfect to relax with your little ones!

Keep in mind, the end of sept, it will be around 30 degrees c during the day, so lovely and warm but night time it can drop and become chilly, so make sure you bring some warm clothes for your bubbies.

If you have any other questions, just give me a shout.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back