"He's fine don't worry!"

Babybushie28

Reaction score
I had a little birthday party today, it was a little picnic for friends and family, some who hadn't met T so it was his party pretty much lol

As the weather was up and down today, hot one minute and windy the next he was very irritable, so when other people were holding him he was crying and wouldn't settle.

T is a really chilled baby so when he cries other than for food it really throws me and i just want to soothe him and make it better. I'd have to keep taking him back to be met with them saying "he's fine don't worry, go enjoy yourself!!" This kept happening today and it was like they were reluctant to give him back to me! I know they mean well but how could they think I can enjoy myself whilst my baby is crying with someone else???!

Ok rant over lol

Xxxxxxxx

Ah I know how you feel, I had a family party recently and almost exactly the same thing happened. In the end I think I looked like some crazy overprotective mother asking to have my baby back repeatedly lol

I also get this alot! Mostly over the inlaws!
Drives me insane!! All i wanns do is comfort noah n ive got my fil flinhing him about while hes crying making it worse! Xx

Ah I know how you feel, I had a family party recently and almost exactly the same thing happened. In the end I think I looked like some crazy overprotective mother asking to have my baby back repeatedly lol

Ha ha!! I was defo that crazed mum! I would have felt so much better just sat with him the whole time but everyone wants a cuddle!!

Xxxxxxx

I also get this alot! Mostly over the inlaws!
Drives me insane!! All i wanns do is comfort noah n ive got my fil flinhing him about while hes crying making it worse! Xx

Yep it's the in laws mainly for me too which makes it a bit harder! Especially when they don't ask and just try and take him from me!!

Oh I sympathise with you, it's my OH's father who always does it and it REALLY pisses me off :mad: There was one day in particular when Alex cried practically every time OH's father held him, and when I tried to take him for a cuddle I kept getting told that 'he's fine, don't worry' and OH's father practically ran out of the room with him. What gets me is that I don't think he's doing it to give me a break, he's does it because he knows it winds me up :roll:

Oh I sympathise with you, it's my OH's father who always does it and it REALLY pisses me off :mad: There was one day in particular when Alex cried practically every time OH's father held him, and when I tried to take him for a cuddle I kept getting told that 'he's fine, don't worry' and OH's father practically ran out of the room with him. What gets me is that I don't think he's doing it to give me a break, he's does it because he knows it winds me up :roll:

Complete ditto!!! Think my FIL is horrid. Stood up to him a couple of months ago and he's been ok. I'm sure it's just that he's biding his time til he thinks of another way to get to me!

Oh dear.

I think people always assume you need a break from the baby and that they are doing you a favour by trying to soothe them. No, it doesn't work that way, if baby can only be soothed by mummy then they should be with mummy!!

Xxxxx

My parents are completely understanding that she needs her mummy sometimes and will gladly hand her over without feeling upset about it, but the in-laws seem to fight it tooth and nail, claiming she's only fussing because she can see me and she'll be fine if I go away. They seem to forget that I live directly across the road and I can often hear her gurning loudly in their living room!!

I'm dreading this same thing at LO's birthday party next week, everyone will want a piece of her and as sociable as she is she sometimes just wants mummy or daddy!! xx

Yes! As you said Babybushie28, im not sure how they expect us to be able to just leave them in tears and go and 'have fun'...its like torture, every bone in my body is saying to get my baby back and comfort him, and then whoever has him gets all offended and acts like you're being completely unreasonable.

I do say to whoever is holding him that i know they'd be able to settle him fine, but its just so hard to watch your baby cry when all you want to do is cuddle him...hint hint...sometimes the hints dont work and it turns into 'ok just give me my baby' lol, although maybe not those words.

If people carry on making out that im being strange for wanting to comfort my baby, and theyre not handing him over, i might start asking them why theyre being so weird about giving him back, lol. :D

Dont get me wrong, its not every time, it depends what he's crying for...but as others have said, sometimes LO just wants mum or dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back