He's being sick after every feed!

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I'm really p**sed off :x Since yesterday evening Logans been bringing up what must be half his feed half hour-hour after. It's the stupid formula, he was never sick on boob milk. He's also poo-ing several times a day which I though was unusual for formula.

He doesn't seem ill or in pain, but cries for more food 10 mins or so after being sick which is understandable. I've now got his carseat covers, the bouncy chair cover and loads of clothes, bibs and muslins in the queue for the washing machine :wall:
I hope this isn't going to be a regular thing.

He has 4-6 oz every 3 hours now. It must be at least 3 oz he's bringing up by the look of it. I can't get him to breastfeed as he just comfort sucks, and if he's hungry he screams till he gets a bottle. A lot of the time he doesn't even want to comfort suck.
Ive tried expressing put cant get anything more than a couple ounces.

Ive left a message for the hv but she's not got bck to me. I dont remember James being sick on formula. Any advice anyone?

sounds like how Arianna was when we found out she had reflux. Try the HV again, although with it being the weekend might not get anyone. If it gets worse, maybe try NHS24, just to put your mind at rest

You could try an easy digest formula, they are thicker and so stay down better.

C&G do one, SMA and Aptimil.

Does sound like reflux, must have a sencitive tum bless him!!

:think: If it is reflux that could explain why he was pulling off the breast screaming and losing weight when I was breastfeeding. I will be so mad with the hv if it is that as it would mean Ive put him on formula for nothing, when formula is known to make reflux worse :twisted:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

poor Logie :( James was like this, threw up almost all of his feeds and it was reflux. Its settled down now. Also he has a pooh after every feed on formula too so I wouldnt worry bout that one hun xxx

He's kept down the last 2 bottles so far :pray: I read in another thread about winding after every ounce, and it seems to be working :)

Itscos hes used to boob milk i think - why you using formula for anyway?

and what formula?

Hey honey.
Have u tried a different bottle, so he takes it down a little slower maybe??

I am using Dr Browns, with the Level 2 teets , with the thicker Aptalmil Easy Digest formula.... and wind 2 times through a 5oz bottle... LO still brings up a little, but not that much now.

Good luck

mrs_tommo22 said:
Itscos hes used to boob milk i think - why you using formula for anyway?

and what formula?

I was told by the doctor and hv to top him up with formula as he was losing weight, but now he prefers the bottles so refuses to breast feed. I can't express more than a couple ounces over a day!

He's on SMA gold.

SuziQ said:
Hey honey.
Have u tried a different bottle, so he takes it down a little slower maybe??

I am using Dr Browns, with the Level 2 teets , with the thicker Aptalmil Easy Digest formula.... and wind 2 times through a 5oz bottle... LO still brings up a little, but not that much now.

Good luck

He's not been sick so far since yesterday. I'm still stopping him after every ounce. He's got size 1 and 2 teats, but seems better with the size 2

Thanks for the advice everyone :hug: :hug:

Gah! he's been sick a few times this afternoon/evening. Not as much as before but still enough to need a change of clothes a couple times. He's been unsettled this evening too. I'm seeing the hv tomorrow so i might ask about changing his milk.

ETA..He's now on 5-7 ounces every 3 hours approx. He sometimes only goes 2 hours between feeds in the evening though. His last feed was 9oz! :shock: It was a ready made carton and he ate the lot! That cant be good for him surely? He is underweight though and is trying to catch up.

Hey hun,

If you are considering changing milks, can I reccommend C&G Comfort. It has been fantastic for us! Chester used to scream after having an SMA Gold feed. He was on that for about 2 months. He was also quite sicky with it.

With the comfort milk he is like a new man!! Much more content, rarely sick (if he is its just a little dribble) and sleeps thru the night (last night 8pm-8am :cheer: ).

Also Babe, you said he took 9oz of the carton milk, Chester was exactly the same!!! If I fed him an sma gold carton he would take so much more! In the end I started buying the 1litre cartons and feeding him them all the time cus he took more, but then the sicky screaming started so we switched milks. I think its cus they taste better!

Thanks xkikix, I'll keep that in mind :) Im no sure whether to change milks yet, he seems happy on the sma, no pain or bad wind. He doesn't even seem bothered by being sick.

The HV called me back today and seemed surprised that he was refusing to breastfeed. What does she expect, its widely known that introducing formula is a slippery slope as far as bf-ing is concerned :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back