here we go.......big baby update..

Samsgirl

Reaction score
hello ladies...

well been to see midwife today....yet another one. seen a diff one each week now, but she was lovely...

i am still measuring big....!! no suprise there really if any of you have seen my bump pic...ha ha

i have to go for fasting bloods done on friday morning, just to rule out diabetes i think....but nothing has ever shown up in my urine samples...so think i should be ok on this. i think it must just be routine when you have a big baby...

i am also booked in to see a consultant on tuesday who will check me over and then discuss delivery options and basically take over my ante natal care, from what i can work out....i asked if i was heading for a c section..they said not neccisarily and they tend to just let labour start and see how our bodies do!!

to be honest...if the consultant recommends a section, then i may take his advice because the last thing i need is to have a failed natural labour and end up with an emergency section, knocked out and miss it all!!! that is my worst fear...

mind is racing at the moment now.....suppose can only wait to see what he says on tuesday....:roll: xxx

Last edited:
oh hope all goes well next week,

were u refered to consultant because ur measuring big or cos of something else?

cos of measuring big...i also have slghtly increased fluid, but they think this is just cos of the big baby and its not that poly...something or other when there is a LOT of water...its just slighlty increased..

but they just think its best cos i am measuring on the high average end.....39 weeks......and am 34 weeks..

to be honest, its been worrying me for weeks now and i was hoping they would rec being consultant led cos then i know i am being kept an eye on....if you know what i mean xx

yeah exactly at least ul be in the best hands possible and hopefully all will be normal with ur birth anyway :)

will they do a scan to see what size baby is or just go oon ur measurements right up to the birth

I'm interested to know what they consider a "big baby" weight wise...have they given you any indication on expected weight as you are now? xx

they said he may want me scanned again....but with his experience he may just have a good feel....lol..so we shall see...

oh its gonna be sore....bet he is gonna be a hard prodder!! poor boo boo and mammy!!

I'm interested to know what they consider a "big baby" weight wise...have they given you any indication on expected weight as you are now? xx

im measuring 5 weeks ahead......the scan i had 2 weeks ago put baby at 5lbs or just over.....but i think its cos im only little.......

just see what he has to say i guess...

Oh i do hope everything goes ok next week, keep us informed won't you. xx

I am the opposite. Im measuring 30wks at nearly 36wks pregnant. Been assured this morning by the consultant that although baby is measuring small on my tummy the scan shows that i have a normal healthy size baby. I suppose because i am small framed im carrying to porportion.

Nice to have the reassurance though.

As u know I'm predicted a big baby.
My bump measures a week ahead but I've been diagnosed with diabetes last week ! Got my consultant appt tomorrow and the diabetic team and midwife think I'll be induced this week.

Keep us posted and I'll let you know my outcome too! X

Hope it goes well with consultant on tuesday! maybe boo boo will slow down a bit with the growing now! :) xx

didnt wanna read an run... just wanted to say good luck and everything will be ok its wat us females bodies are meant to do hun u will be fine xx

yeah 5 weeks does seem a lot but then if ur small guess it could just be that

will bekeeping eye out for to see how u get on :) just had a look at my card from today cos she never said anything and whe wrote down 33 on my measurements so seems iv gone a week behind but must not be bothered seen as she didnt even say it to me lol

Samsgirl, I measured between 4 and 6 weeks ahead and was found to have excess fluid and a big baby. I was induced the day before my dd, ended up having my baby by ventouse but only because his head is massive but i did avoid a c section. Baby was born weighing 9lbs 5ozs. Just thought i'd share my story. x

Samsgirl, I measured between 4 and 6 weeks ahead and was found to have excess fluid and a big baby. I was induced the day before my dd, ended up having my baby by ventouse but only because his head is massive but i did avoid a c section. Baby was born weighing 9lbs 5ozs. Just thought i'd share my story. x

thanks chick...xx

I'm right with you, sounds like we are in the same boat although I am convinced my dates are wrong. I've been under a consultant from the start because of my age and have another scan and cons appt next week xx

Least they are taking extra care of your big baby!!
I'm off to see a consultant too but this is due to the little movements I was feeling :(
I'm sure you and boo boo will be fine, and they will advise what is best. xx

i have made a decision.........if they want me to try natural, it is very likely (according to midwife) that i would be induced earlier than due date....so i am going to ask for an epidural from the get go.....then basically if it does end up with a section, there is no worry of it being a general anaesthetic job because i will already have the epi in place....

i wanted to try without, but that was before these 'complications'..my worst fear is to be knocked out and miss it all .....so i think this would be the best route x

Awwww hon, it sounds like they're at least taking good care of you and making sure that you and boo boo are fine.

Emergency c-sections are generally done under a spinal block and they are not as 'emergency' as they sound. Often a gradual picture is being built about you and your labour and they will begin to let you know what the best course of action is. A crash c-section is the one done under general anaesthetic and this is when something very sudden and unexpected happens and the baby needs to come out straight away. I think as they are keeping an eye on you and know you're having a big baby they will be more ready for an emergency c-section so I'm sure you won't miss it no matter what you decide hon - hope that reassures you a little and hopefully you can choose the birth you'd most like to have.

I also don't know what is considered a big baby or not, but my Mum's 1st baby was 11lb and she is only 5'4! Her smallest was almost 10lb and the other 3 of us ranged between these two weights.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back