Henry has a horrible cough

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
It makes me wince every time. Can only imagine how painful it must be.

I know there isn't anything the dr can do either as last time I took him when he has a cold they just said he would get over it himself snd there was nothing they could give me for him.

Debating whether or not to give him calpol. Not sure if it would benefit him or just just stop me feeling as useless as I do for a bit :(

Anything u lovely ladies can suggest I try for him?

My poor baby is struggling :(

Steam. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I would definitely take him to the docs or walk in centre or something if it's that bad. I took J to a walk in centre when his cough started and they reckoned his chest was clear. Two days later his cough had got worse went to my GP and he'd developed a chest infection and got antibiotics. Trust your instincts and get him checked.

I used the saline drops to clear his nose, a karvol plug in at night for the room to help ease it too.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Ok. He will be in the bathroom with me when I have a shower & I'll phone my drs when they open at 8 and get him an appt.

Is his nose blocked n snotty too hun? They advised me to prop his top half up when A had his horrible cough n chest. Altho I guess its harder in the cot...but u could layer some blankets on a cushion just to elevate his a little. Altho I guess thats only goos for nap times. Id go with the steam option.

Big hugs to Henry xxx

James has a chest infection :( my dr thought there was nothing wrong Sony got a second opinion and he's in amoxicillin 3 times a day

xxx

Well went to the drs & he said it could possibly be a viral infection but all his stats were good so sent me on our way. They can't do anything for vital infections :(

It's awful isn't it, Jake just got over a terrible cold and tonsillitis, was sick for 3 weeks with it all, then I catch a cold and now he is all snotty again arrrhhhh, what's with all the horrible bugs going around at the moment, hope he feels better soon xxx

Awwww hun, glad you got checked out. However don't feel embarrassed about going back if you think it's getting worse etc.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

He is snotty this morning so given him some calpol spray. Thankfully he hasn't coughed like he was the other night. They r just pitiful little noises now.

Awww... Hopefully he is over the worst of it now then... X

Well went to the drs & he said it could possibly be a viral infection but all his stats were good so sent me on our way. They can't do anything for vital infections :(

Ruby had this last week hun and she wasn't getting better so I took her back turns out she also had thrush . They gave me one lot of medicine for the thrush and another for her high temperature caused my the viral infection . I think it's a medicine u can prob just but over the counter tbh xxx

My son suffered with croup a lot (which comes with a really horrendous cough), and we used to use one of those plug-in vaporisers, worked a treat!

My lo has a cold and I put the calpol plugin an hour before bedtime, I'm also not afraid to give oral calpol as well as that helps with the colic too, plus nasal spray and cooled boiled water that's still warm in between feeds in case she has a sore throat. I hope the little man is feeling better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back