Helping oh cope

lottie89

Reaction score
Although this is my3rd mc this is the 2nd one with my oh as first happened in a previous relationship. My oh doesn't seen to be coping very well with it although is acting strong for me. I'm not sure how to help him with it as I myself don't feel strong enough to help him. Any suggestions would be great if anyone's oh has been the same way

Hiya, sorry to hear about your mcs. I think my oh actually took ours worse than I did. I was obviously devastated but he seemed even worse. I don't have any advice other than just be there for each other. It is such a hard time and awful to have to go through. We are a year on from our mc and still waiting for our next bfp, seems to make it all so much harder when there isn't a happy ending in sight.

The worst thing i find you could both do is bottle your feelings up no matter how hard or difficult it is to talk about (ive never lost a baby so i don't know how hard the pain must be for your both) you need to keep talking as you both need each other now more than ever. Talk, cry, shout anything just let it all out, maybe writing things down but never give up on each other because you both need each other more than ever so don't push each other away. How about counselling together could that be an option having someone who isn't always close to you & is trained to help could sometimes help? I'm truly sorry for your devasting losses

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back