How long did you feel poorly for after early miscarriage?

april7176

Reaction score
I had MC on Sunday at 5 weeks and I still feel rubbish now! I thought being so early it would just be like a heavy period but I seem to be feeling generally rubbish!

The bleeding has slowed right down but I have had migraines, my glands are up and I feel extremely tired and now also feel like I am getting a cold too!! :( I have a pretty rubbish immune system due to previous health problems so it could just be me coping badly with the effects and stress but wondered is anyone else had felt like this?

I have been off sick the past 2 days and I am supposed to be on the late shift tonight - starting at 3pm and finishing at midnight but I was falling asleep by 8pm, last night so I'm not sure whether I should go in today or not?? I feel like I have some sort of viral infection although I know it is all related to the MC.

April
xxxx

My miscarried was at 5 1/2 weeks and my GP signed me off work for two weeks to fully sort myself out both mentally and physcially. I still had some pregnancy symptoms like tiredness and nausea for about a week after as all of the hormones settled back down then I just felt drained physically and emotionally by it all.
It does take time to settle down and you may feel emotionally wacked from sometime after until you sort your head out and get back onwith things but you need to look after yourself and chill!!!!
Hope your feeling better soon *Hugs*

Hi

I think everyone is different for how long it takes to recover, i felt s**t for almost 4 weeks always bleeding and tired i think really it takes it out of ya so take ur time and if u dont feel up to working tonight dont go in

:hug:

Thanks for your replies, it's a relief to know it's not just me but hope it gets better soon. Sorry you've all had to go through this too. :( Sounds like there are lots of us out there!

I've ended up taking the last 4 days off and am now due to go back on Sunday morning at 6am!! I do hope I feel better by then because I feel pretty rubbish still.

Thing is I don't want them to know it was a MC so I have told them it is a viral infection which to be honest, having never had a MC before it feels more like a viral infection than anything else right now!

xx

Im so sorry you have had a MC, i felt like shit for ages too, are you sure your ready to go back to work after only a few days?
:hug:

Hi there.
I will see how I feel obviously but I am hoping by Sunday that I will be feeling better.
Thanks for your replies. :)

April, what has happened to you is not only emotionally but physically draining... your body and mind will take time to recover, you can help you body but eating a healthy diet, lots of iron to help recover some of the blood loss and also the energy loss.. maybe even some over the counter meds, go get advice from the chemist or GP...can't do any harm :hug: But I had 2 weeks off work then took one thing after another... colds that felt like flu, so so tired all the time..and feeling fed up as well :roll: But good news is... it does pass... and you do get better! ! ! ..in the mean time.. be kind to yourself... try getting those boosts.... and relax as much as possible, lots of sleep,
p.s. nice to see you posting doll, Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

i misc arried at 7 weks and i still feel crappy....its been 3 months...

Sorry, thought I'd already answered this :shock: Anyway it can take women all different lengths of time, but I'm a lot better but still not 100% physically, 5 weeks later. But very much nearly there :)

But even in that rundown time you probably won't always feel like death, you'll have some ok times. :)

After my m/c i felt the same symptoms for about a week which was sickness and feeling really drained and tired. i took a week off work and uni to rest and sort my self out. you need 2 give ur body time 2 adjust u the changes.

Im so sorry 2 hear about your lost hun :hug:

hi hunny

im sorry for your lose, i also lost my little bean this week, I am off work been signed of by doctor for wek & i away on holiday next week so wont be bakc to work unitil 6th august.

I am still bleeding and dont seam to be slowing down yet, i wish it would

I am hear to talk if you need to
:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111