2nd missed miscarriage - hard to cope

H,

Had the results of the test today and hormones are still looking good. They are on the rise and this doc actually seemed more optimistic. She said that 6 wks (when i had scan after spotting) was in fact very early still, and perhaps just slightly too soon to detect heartbeat. I've got to 'wait and see'. They have scheduled me for a scan in 2 weeks time....how i am going to wait 2 weeks i really don't know! On the downside, i'm still spotting a bit. Don't know what to think anymore and am tired of hoping / worrying. Am going to keep very neutral until i know either way for sure.

The sad thing is that all the excitment i felt the 1st time i was pregnant has been beaten out of me! I am far too scared and cynical to even begin to imagine that all this could actually lead to a baby. I have great respect for those women who have gone through many miscarriages. A colleague (who i've confided in) told me today that her friend had nearly 20 miscarriages before giving birth to twins.

I will let you know how things go during this next two week wait . Huge thanks once again for your support. You guys are great! xx

I've been spotting on and off for the last four/five weeks, which was bright red ( since week 12) I was really worried when it first started but eventually i managed to get an appointment at the hospital and it turned out to be my cervix has a raw bit on it. ( cant remember it proper name) The midwife said it may heal on it's own or i might just bleed on and off the rest of my pregnancy. I know it different situations and i am further on than you but i just wanted to let you know that it doesn't always mean bad news when spotting. Good luck and hope it is all ok for you! :)

I'm rooting for you here.

I hope I can sow some more positivity into you.

I had my daughter. First 'known' pregnancy. I then, when she was not quite 1 1/2, lost her sibling at 3 months pregnant - but he had been gone a month. Totally missed miscarriage. D&C. Having had my husband leave a month before it happened, I had a total breakdown.

Have been through it again - may 2010.

I am now 20 weeks (on wed) with my boyfriend's and my second - we both have one from previous times. I bled heavily over and over, in this one's first trimester and it's thought I lost a twin early on.

The important thing is, that everything is fine, despite all the previous crap, and this so-far-terrifying pregnancy. Obviously we've another 4 1/2 months to go, but we're both miles more positive now.

Find out (hopefully) what it is, on fri.

I want my tubes cut after he or she is born, to help take the decision away from me re having more - I don't now, and have been through so much. I've underlying health conditions which make pregnancy a nightmare for me, so I'm wanting this - even if something bad happens to our baby. We'll know we tried.

Your posts sound positive, and someone rightly said 'its not over til its over' and 6 weeks can be early to see the heartbeat. I'm wishing you all the good luck I can and I hope you go fullterm and have the family you want *hug*

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much last 2 posters - your stories give me hope :)

Thought I'd update you although there's not much to update yet. I'm basically having to wait for scan next Thursday to see what's going on. I've had no more blood tests as the last ones seemed OK. Morning sickness has stayed with me and i also feel sick in the evenings. Constantly need to eat to keep something in my stomach. All the signs sound goodish, but only a scan will tell what's happening. I've read so many stories about people continuing to have M/S and still suffering a Missed M. But I could be a lucky one! The spotting stopped 2 days ago as well. My real worry is that i've read the foetus should have a heart beat once it's over 5mm and my measurements were 5.4mm. Despite all the positive signs i've got i can't help thinking that this sign means more than anything else does. Does anyone know any more info about measurments / heartbeats?

Hope you are all well xx

Hi chick x just read this thread x Hope everything is ok for you xx Don't know much about measurements and stuff, but I do have a friend who had some bleeding at about 6 weeks, went for scan, baby measure slightly over 5.6cm and they couldn't see a heartbeat..She waited to see if she would m/c normally, and eventually when nothing happened had another scan a few weeks later, revealing a healthy little babus, with a heartbeat. She went on to have a wee girl, no problems. So it can happen x Really hope its good news at scan hun xx :hug: xx

hi hun im sorry to hear your having problems :(
but when i was pregnant with alfie (who is now 5) i bled every month until i was 4 months pregnant... it was heavy bleeding and clots to and he was still a healthy little baby, i really hope this is the case for you
fingers crossed hun and lots of sticky bean dust :dust:
jodie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back