Help!!!!

emma28

Reaction score
My employer phoned me this morning and asked if i'd like to go on the sick until i start maternity leave and they will bump my pay up to what it should be.
I am a care asst and with my RA in place I am very limited to what i can do. It's unfair on the rest of the staff to be doing the extra work as they won't put another person on duty while i am there. They said this morning that I can no longer do alot of my shifts as there has to be 2 other people on duty with me and there often isnt...
I am not sure even if the midwife would put me on the sick as I am not unwell and I know that it is the employers responsibility to suspend me if they can't find work for me to do.
I'm thinking that they want to do it this way to save them some£ but I don't want long term sick on my record especially when I'm not.

All advice gratefully recieved!!

no don't go on the sick. If they can't provide you with safe work, they need to suspend you with full pay. If you go sick - they can refuse to pay you the extra after a while and then you're stuck. Tell them to suspend you instead. Is there not an admin role you can move to instead, just for your pregnancy?

They reckon there's not enough admin to give me. I said I'd think it over but I'm sure I'm gonna tell them to suspend me or put up with me. :(

Dont ask them to suspend you, they should put you on 'gardening leave', ie special leave WITH pay and get them to put it in writing so that in the future should it all go pear shaped you have proof that this was their decision not yours, also tell them that your GP or midwife will not provide you with a medical certificate as you are not sick, note any pregnancy related sickness should not be held against you anyway, that is sex discrimination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back