I need help !!

sammee91

Reaction score
I have been of work since my 12th week of pregnancy as i have been bleeding heavily and as a care assistant it has not been very safe for me to go back to work as my employer is not a very nice person and can not find me any other work to do. She has phoned me constantly has not paid me my sick pay.
When can i go on maternity leave and how do i go about it. I am so stressed and i am really depressed atm. I am scared to contact my work as she is not very nice to me. I dont know what to do.

I would personally contact my hr dept or failing that contact your managers manger. x

The earliest you can go on maternity leave is 29 weeks pregnant hun. You really need to deal with your employer about this - whether through HR or someone higher up as it can't be avoided. Have you been sending in sick notes? If you are not entiltled to sick pay then maybe you could be entitled to Incapacity Benefit from the DSS (it's called something else now though, not sure what). You don't say how many weeks you are but all maternity leave needs to be arranged through your employer so you really are going to have to deal with them I'm afraid. Or maybe someone can contact them on your behalf if you are not feeling up to it? Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back