Help !

KirstyR

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Im in a bit of a pickle i think ?

my OH loves the Name Effie May for our girl LOVES IT !

I didnt like it at first but the more i say it the more i like it, however both family's are not really keen on it ??

what are your thoughts ????

Be Honest ! :)

Thank you

I have to say I really don't like Effie as a name. I'm sorry. I don't know why but I just dislike it.

I have to say I really don't like Effie as a name. I'm sorry. I don't know why but I just dislike it.

No I completely understand hun, im getting mixed reactions from friends and family, oh name picking is stressfull ! xxx Thank you xxx

I personaly don't like it as it reminds me of effie from skins

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Effie is ok, but I do think it's a bit close to effing, as in 'effing hell!! I've lost my keys!'

I really like it and I also herd it from Skins

I really like it. And don't worry if family don't like it, we were gonna call our LO Talulah, but have since shortened it to Lula and our families weren't impressed with Talulah at all but it's our daughter lol Only reason we shortened it was coz we didn't think Talulah suited a grown woman as much as it does a little girl?!

Effie reminds me of that Turkish beer - its spelt effe I think but its pronounced effie.
And I think kids in school would say 'eff up effie' - lol I know that's random lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Someone I know called their little girl Ethany. Maybe a more girly version you could use? xxx

How about Aoiffe? It's pronounced Effie in Scotland.

Or what about Josephine, and Effie for short? xx

Last edited:
Oh ya see..... so many mixed messages I'm going crazy here ladies, sometimes a like it sometimes I dont :( never thought it would be so hard ! I might have to break the news to the OH tonight, she might be nameless for a while lol, I'd appreciate your suggestions on more girls names pleaseeeeeeeee :)

Thank you xxxx

Personally I also think it's lovely :)

I really like it - its pretty and unusual :) To be honest as long as you and your OH like it, thats all that matters - ive learnt from past experience not to bother asking family members because theres always going to be someone who HATES your name and ends up putting you off xxx

I'm not sure if i'm honest, because of it could sound a little like swearing - but do agree with the others, go for the name you want, don't tell or be swayed by family, it's your name, and it does sound a cute girls name esp with the middle name too. I really liked Enid, and my family would hate that!

Hmm... i can see why you sometimes like it and sometimes dont. My initial thoughts were it reminds me of when I say eff'in when im swearing, and then it reminded me of Mrs Doubtfire cause she refers to herself as Effie. But at the same time if flows nicely.

I dont think you should choose a name for your child that takes a lot of consideration- if its the one then you wont debate it x

How about Aoiffe? It's pronounced Effie in Scotland.

Or what about Josephine, and Effie for short? xx

I was just going to say this... Aofie... But it's Effie... I love it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back