guarantor when renting with HB??

setdse

Reaction score
:cheer: ok so me an the OH viewed loads of properties today and found an amazing 2 bed flat! :dance: Its perfect and big enough. I really want this flat, perfect location for town, trains, main buses, my work, neighbour hood quiet. with a big green right outside. Seriously i mean perfect! Even has a garage....not that we'd use it seen as we dont drive.... but perfect for storage space.
There are like 5 steps from the drive up to the front door which i could live with easily.

Thing is we need a guarantor. and the guarantor has to earn £20000 on their own a year. And both our parents arent really "willing" to say the least.

I just wondered as we are going to be renting it using housing benefit whether we would actually need a guarantor?? Isn't the fact the council pay it guarantee enough???:wall2:

Anyone know where we stand on this.... it could be the make or break of getting a property.... :(

I don't know. If it's a private rent are u sure the council pay? I'm not sure on the housing system. X

yea i can claim housing benefit fine but they want a guarantor and im struggling to find one... but makes the hole point of being on HB because of low income silly! if i cant get a guarantor i cant rent and then no need to claim and house less! :mad:

i used to work for a estate agents, and basically because HB can be paid direct to u, and then u pay onto ur landlord, thats why they wana gaurantor, cos council wil pay u, but u dont HAVE to pay over to ur landlord (if u get me)

the way round it we managed to get with both the councils and landlords was to get HB paid direct to the landlord and then u pay the top up (if there is one)over on the same day to the landlord, so he is getting all his rent and its gauranteed,

have either of u gota friend or some1 who may act as gaurantor instead of a parent?

good luck
x

no noone. the only person is the person who runs the estate agent and its illegal for him to do it.... will go in and speak to them and see if they will let us off on a guarantor if its paid directly to the landlord! I feel like im running out of time! I have to be out of my flat at the beggining of march and still nothing is sorted :mad: ahhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back