help with drug addiction+temper (not mine!)

:-)babyleo<3

Reaction score
Hi,
im a brand new member, (so im a little inexperienced at this whole getting advice from an internet forum - seems like a brill idea though!), and im a young mum. I dont have much support with my family as my dad lives abroad and my mum has problems with alcohol.

What it is, is that my boyfriend (we live together and also look after my teenage brother) has been absolutely fantastic for all 4months of our sons life, up until 2weeks ago. he got really irritable, starting arguments whenever he can and gets mad with me for any little thing. ive tried pacifying him, buying presents, talking, shouting, ignoring, running him baths, making him tea. nothing seems to put him in a good mood!
hes always complaining that he feels ill or tired or stressed, when i probably do twice as much as him!
hes recently not been bothering going to work and calling in sick, so ive picked up more shifts to cover what we're losing money-wise. im so stressed and exhausted as i get up with my little boy most nights too!(hes still up 2 or 3 times a night)
hes got a past history with drugs and ive had some hints that he could be doing them again, but cant get any evidence to present him with to prove it! as that would involve prying and if im wrong, create far more hassle than its worth!
i really dont know what to do, as i have nowhere for me and my little boy and my brother to go if i leave him, and cant kick him out as i wouldnt be able to afford to live and support my family on my own.
im really in a catch22 situation! and im so miserable. i have a therapist (!) that i speak to and shes neither use nor ornament, so this is really my last turning point!
Please help!
Tammy, mum to Leo 4months. and surrogate mum to Tom 16years.
x

My advice may not be the most useful or helpful but I didn't want to read and run.

You probably already know all this, but obviously we all have times where we feel completely down in the dumps, sometimes for the silliest things. Although I understand you're concerned about the drugs thing, don't just presume it's that, because there could be so many more aspects to it. Stress at work, stress from family, even something as stupid as not having enough sleep.
I understand completely how you are a mummy and trying to work extra hours, but it is important you don't overtire yourself, because 2 of you in the same position won't be a good thing.
Sit down and talk to him, explain your worries, try to wean his problems out of him, but don't mention the D word! If he has no rational reason and cannot explain his change of mood, maybe then it's time to start thinking about the drugs thing.
Support him and love him and show him you're there for him. The same way we would expect our OH's to be if we felt the same way.

Good luck, and never hesitate to come here for a moan!

Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back