• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with a cough and cold

kellyandbump

Reaction score
Please help Chloe has been up all night with a really bad cold and cough, I have given her calpol during the night but don't want to give her too much. What can I do to make things easier for her, she is now on the seatee and seems to be burning up to touch. I am also stuggling to get any milk into her so far today she has had four ounces.

im really sorry i cant help at all but wanted to bump it up hoping that someone else can post with some advise. i hope shes better soon xx

Unfortunately because a cold is a virus there isn't really much you can give in the way of medicines, but I would recommend lots of TLC and mummy cuddles to start off with.

Make sure you elevate the top end of her cot, I prop ours up with 2 very thick Stephen King books one under each leg, this helps to keep her mucus and less blocked up. I also put a couple of drops of baby olbas oil onto her sleeping bag to help her breathe and keep un-blocked. Calpol will help to keep down her temperature and if you need to you can also give Ibuprofen but I would probably only use both when absolutely necessary. I would be tempted to give Ibuprofen a go but leave out the calpol, some babies react better to ibuprofen and some prefer calpol. Use a nasal aspirator when she's blocked quite badly, she will cry a lot but it will be much better afterwards.

Hope she soon gets better.

We have had an awful night with Chloe being up every half an hour. Do you think it is worth ringing the doctor or is there nothing he can do.

If this isn't too late...

Try calling NHS Direct 0845 46 47

They will probably put you straight through to someone as it is regarding a baby and you can ask their advice.

I know how awful it is - Olivia has a cold at the moment. She is okay in herself though luckily - just snotty and coughing. We are back to co-sleeping as she just wants to be with me.

Thanks, I have nipped Chloe to the doctors and he has given her some cough medicine. I think we will have to try the co-sleeping tonight as at the moment I am living on nothing. Hope Olivia is better soon. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back