Help! Which car seat is suitable for 2002 Ford Focus??

L-Kate

Reaction score
I hope someone can help! My partner and I have been searching for a Car seat that fits our 3 door, 2002 Ford Focus but none have so far. We don't have Isofix and the Easy-bases don't fit either and none of the places we asked had a clue. We tried Babys R us, Mothercare and Halfords but no good. Where on earth do we go next? We checked the Britax website that you can search by car make but they didn't reccomend any for us. I'm getting a bit worried that we won't be able to leave hospital at this rate! Does anyone know of where else I can look or point me in the right direction? I've got 6 weeks until Bubs arrives and we just can't think where else to go.

I have a 2002 ford focus and i have a Maxi Cosi with an easy base and it fits fine.

I have an 02 Ford Focus and I had a Mamas and Papas car seat - clicky - which fitted fine in the car both with and without the base (you can buy this if you think you'll need it, makes it a bit quicker to put the car seat in and out of the car).

Mine is a 5 door though, but wouldn't have thought that'd make much difference? So many families have Ford Focuses I would have thought it would be fairly easy to find a car seat that'd fit?

I hope you find something in time!

Valentine Xxx

my OH drives a 2003 ford focus 3 door and our graco car seat works fine with the base :think:

Thanks for all the advice - we'd been told that no Graco seats would fit our car! It's so confusing when the so-called trained experts are telling you no car seat will fit but not telling you where to go next! I did find it astounding that we'd have trouble finding a seat on a Focus as the car is so popular.
Thanks for all the advice ladies, it's great to have some good leads!

you really need to try some rather than just asking - our M&P and easy base fits our focus just fine

valentine said:
I have an 02 Ford Focus and I had a Mamas and Papas car seat - clicky - which fitted fine in the car both with and without the base (you can buy this if you think you'll need it, makes it a bit quicker to put the car seat in and out of the car).

Mine is a 5 door though, but wouldn't have thought that'd make much difference? So many families have Ford Focuses I would have thought it would be fairly easy to find a car seat that'd fit?

I hope you find something in time!

Valentine Xxx

we had one of those 2 and it was so worth buying the base, it made getting the seat in and out so much easier. I had an 04 clio with no isofix as well

i never even thought about my carseat not fitting, they never mentioned it, i just bought what i wanted!

I would definitely get some checked to make sure they fit. I also have a Jane Matrix Cup and it doesn't fit in my car as the seat belt isn't long enough only fits in hubby's.

I've for a 52 plate focus and a Graco travel system and the car seat fits in fine with the base or even on it's own. My husband has an Audi and we've not tried the base in his car but her seat fits in fine just on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back