Help! (TMI coming...)

flisstebbs

Reaction score
Anyone else found a constipation solution????

I was hoping stopping my progesterone supplements would help but i've just got worse.

Fybogel makes me puke

Lactulose was working but now not.

I'm drinking plenty - loads more than in tri1

I tried prunes this weekend, but all this has done is given me some pretty awful trumps. I also rather randomly tried watermelon too as a read somewhere this helps!

Random one for me but when I was in tri 2 I always found it much easier to go after a warm bath.. might be worth a go x

Aww I feel your pain I had this problem in tri one so now I'm making sure I'm eating fruit (pears, grapes, bananas) and more fibre with breakfast. I hate bran flakes so I've just been putting a handful in with my crunchy nut or Cheerios, and put some strawberries on it. Havnt had a problem since but everyone is different x

Have you tried prune juice rather than prunes - I've heard that's good. I have bran flakes for brekkie too. Were you taking the lactulose daily as I know it softens over time x

Well I ate a large container of blueberries yesterday and that definitely works! Actually has the opposite effect to constipation.....good luck xxx

I found allbran chocky cereal is brill!!
Also if we had a night where we ate naughty food like high fat eg homemade pizza or when ive had a cheeseburger in tri 1 , the next day no prob like the higher fat helps!!

All bran golden crunch with natural yogurt and fruit for breakfast for a few days sorts me right out. Also snacking on raisins.

Just stick to super fresh food with lots of fibre for a few days. I've always suffered with constipation, anything like fast food or high fat will mean it hits me so I try to avoid. If it's really bad I'll only eat fruit and veg until I do go, otherwise it'll just clog me up even more!

I have the opposite problem which isn't much fun either :( One thing I won't miss about pregnancy is unusual toilet habits! X

Thanks for all the help, i think i need to up the fruit and check out what palable versions of all bran there is out there - like the sound of golden crunch or choccy :)

Laura: I'm not touching prunes again in any form, seriously not good, was just lucky we were outside all weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back