Help!! Strepsils???

Jess_m

Reaction score
I dunt know what to do. I am down with a bad flu and cough. My throat is very dry. Does anyone know if i can eat soother... tunes... or my preference would be Strepsils... as their strong tasting.

Any ideas on what i can do. I have had the Vicks Vapour to inhale all day but it aint helping.

I don't know about strepsils or anything, but last week I had this cold and was absolutely desperate to take something and everything said consult your doctor if pg. So I ended up just taking paracetemol and drinking fresh lemon and hot water with a bit of sugar in but didn't take anything for the sore throat.

Hope you are feeling better soon :hug:

i just tried ure recommendation. i hope i feel better tomorrow. ill just go to sleep now hoping it wont bug me the whole nite.

i so wanna have the drowsy cough mixture but i know its a huge NO NO... :( i just gotta bear with it

hey

I went to docs to ask the same question about strepsils last week lol! Ive got the flu and he said take paracetamol and strepsils are fine to use as are tunes and soothers.....although he did say they dont work anyway as all they do is make you produce more saliva which coats your throat so you may as well eat sweets which do the same thing & its alot more enjoyable :rotfl:

hope you feel better soon hun

x

Lemon & honey is supposed to be brilliant, i hate lemon though so never tried it but my OH loves it :)

Honey and lemon is good and there's lots of vit c in the lemon which will help with your cold as well. Paracetamol is fine to take as well. Drink plenty of water as that will help as well.

Hope you're feeling better soon
:hug:
+++

Lemon and Honey did soothe my throat alot. I have rested in for the past 2 days now and its improving.

I did the Vicks Vopour Rub in Hot steaming water and inhaled that in and it was excellent. I checked with my midwife and she confirmed that it was ok to take that.

Thanks for all you recommendations.

Cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back