Strepsils

vickyxoxo

Reaction score
My Darling OH has sooo kindly given me his "Man Flu" obviosly i'm nowhere near suffering as bad as he is!!! Anyway my throat is killing and i've got some strepsils without the box and leaflet... does anyone know if we can take them while preggers??

Thanks xx

i dont think you can but ill try and find out for sure.

There is very little you can take whilst pregnant apart from paracetamol. You can take those Vicks inhaler things but apart from that the pharmacist recommended saline drops. I had sinusitis while I was pg and I could have cried in the middle of Boots when I kept picking up boxes for them to say "Not suitable in pregnancy". Don't know about strepsils though.

I had loads when I was in 1st and 2nd tri, but it does say on the packet to consult a doctor I think, I only saw that afterwards :oops: But LO and I are fine :)

strepsils are only numbing the pain in your throat rather than doing it any good so i would prob try soothers or a good old dose of hot honey & lemon to join the paracetamol.... worked when i had bad cold at the beginning of my pregnancy.
x

I remember Soothers had no pregnancy warning on the packs x

Thanks everyone.. off to buy some soothers now :) Can you use vick's Vapour rub then if you can use the inhaler? sorry to be a pain lol, cant believe he has given me this stupid cold, i need all my energy for LO not to be fighting snot!!! :doh:

I used vaporub.. not sure if I was meant to or not but I cant see why not. If for whatever reason you cant, get some airwaves chewing gums lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back