Help!! Should I tell friends I'm TTC?

leeleeKitty

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have been TTC since May and no joy yet... My problem is this month I am on a girls night out with two of my closest friends. It has been sooo long since we went out together, so there will will be plenty of bubbles to be drunk. We are having a pampering day, out for a meal and then onto a concert then staying in a hotel. My dilemma is my fertile days will be the week just prior to this day/ night out so I will be on my 2ww. Do I make an excuse and say I'm on antibiotics and can't drink - which they will see straight through, or do I just come out with it and say I'm ttc? the other excuses - hungover from night before, not feeling well, driving etc will not work. Because there will just be the 3 of us it will be hard to insist on buying my own drinks. I'm always the one whos up for a party so they will know something is up if i'm not drinking. SO if i'm not drinking they will probably wrongly assume that I'm pg - although if i tell them that i'm ttc will that add extra stress pressure to conceive. One of my friends is a mum of two the other friend has no children yet and hasn't started planning a family (that I know of!!).

What do I do? Husband reckons I should just come clean and tell them. Grateful for any advice!!

I'd probably come clean but let them know it's a big secret. Then you'll have the benefit of a fun night without having to be sneaky or lie and if you ever need someone to talk to about TTC you've got 2 friends who know. Xxx

Good lick and have fun!!! Xxx

I had exactly the same problem at a wedding last week - luckily I bashed my head on a door frame the same day and had a splitting headache so blamed the lack of drinking on that!! It's probably easiest to come clean if you can trust them and don't mind them knowing. x

If they're close friends I'd maybe consider telling them. I wouldn't tell too many people though, from experience.

Enjoy your weekend.

xxx

I made the mistake of telling people and now we've given up people are still saying things like "how's it going" "are you pregnant yet" and all that. It does get annoying. If you don't mind people asking about it all the time then tell them. I found that if someone asked me and af had arrived that day I was really snappy x

I would prefer not to tell them, depends how well you know them and can you trust them fully. I think I prefered not telling people when I TTC as then there is no pressure , no asking questions and plenty of time for you. You can tell us ladies as much as you like!

if they are close friends and they would keep there mouths shut it may be wise to tell them. Might be worth saying though unless you bring it up you would appreciate them not asking everytime they see you. might make it easier if thing dont go plan, fx they do though.

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back