HELP rhys wont eat

Terrie

Reaction score
this is driving me nuts

we are doing BLW.

rhys is 7 months old and he just isnt eating enough.

for breakfast he has a piece of toast and a mouthful or two of fruit

for lunch he has veg and meat (whatever ive made up) but again only a few mouthfuls

for dinner he has homemade food, pasta or cous couswith veg / meat but AGAIN only a few mouthfuls.

he just isnt interested in food. he never seems hungry and never crys for food. he gets easily distracted by other things so i try to feed him with tv off and with nothing around him. he loves to play with his food and gets quite excited when he sees it but within minutes he wants to get down from the highchair and isnt interested at all in food.

ive tried giving him 5 meals a day instead of 3 but he doesnt eat any more than if he was just having 3. he is having 2 bottles during the day and 1 during the night. he is very skinny and always has been but hes very tall.

tonight he has gone to bed having only eaten 2 pieces of toast, one carrot stick one half a tomato and about 3 pieces of pasta all day.

is this enough? my friends baby is 6 days younger than Rhys and she eats 3 times as much as him!!!

i think that maybe getting his milk feeds up would be good our hv always says it doesnt matter how much solids they have in the first year as long as they are getting enough milk hope he picks up soon for you hun, its so distressing when they are fussy eatetrs (sp) :hug:

alice doesn't eat or drink loads, but she soon lets me know if she is feeling hungry.

at the moment its all about taste and texture... they get everything they need from their milk (or thats what my hv told me).

he sounds a lot like alice. the other thing i find is if she eats dinner from my plate it soon disappears in stead of having her own plate :roll:

Started Ruby on BLW in past week or so, she has cereal, fromage frais nd bit of rusk for brekkie, rice cakes with philly and fruit or veg for lunch and her babyrice and purrees still for tea, followed by fromage frais, and rusk again. She only has tiny amounts really, she just plays with them :roll: so I am keeping up with her bottles at 7am, 9.30am before brekkie, top her up at 11am after brekkie, then at about 3pm, 5.30pm before her tea and a top up before bed at 7.30pm. She is having around 30 oz of milk still a day until she eats a bit more...have you tried him with an extra bottle or two of milk? Some babies arent intrested in food really, I wouldnt worry is long as he is happy and healthy :hug:

Once he is running around, I bet he will eat like a horse :wink: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxx

during the day hes not really interested in bottles either but i will try offering him more bottles and see how i get on... thanks for the advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back