help my son wont

Chrissi87

Reaction score
eat meat.. or any dairy products except milk and yoghurt (that must have npo bits in it),, wont touch fruit either..

im running out of ideas of what to do about it. i tried adding fruit to custrad and jelly but spit it out.. meat he just weont allow to toucjh his mouth.. if it does he goes yuck and spits it all out..

i even tried cutting the meat up reli small so its not noticable but he srtill does it.

he is a reli bad fuddy eater!! wont eat finger foods.. sandwiches is a no too.. the onli food that he will eat no problems (ok mayb once in a while he will refuse them) is pplain pasta... rice.. chocolate fudge (as a treat now and again) plain fruit yohgut no bits added.

help im at my wits end!

ps he is 2 in march

Hi, I know Emms is younger, but some of my friends have said that their kids didnt eat meat properly until at least 2 yrs old. I think some LOs just dont get the taste for it until their a bit older. I wouldnt worry too much and just give alternatives for a while, but keep trying it every now and then. I guess if you're relaxed about it, then it might not be an issue to him? :hug: :hug:

thanks for replying loz..

i dont put any pressure on my son to eat everything on his plate.. he was very hard to wean on to lumpier food.. he was still on purred food at your lo age whilst i was struggling to get him to eat food with lumps in it.
he was a little over 13 months when i succeded in feeding him lumps and alothough i knew i had a battle on my hands , i didnt know it was going to take this long.

tbh i am just so sick of eating pasta all the time!!!

does he like pasta with cheese sauce? you could get some calcium in him that way? my son is fussy with his veg so i totally pulverise broccoli and mix it in with pasta cheese sauce. Hes not fused on meat either as hes a lazy chewer. He'll eat wafer thin ham on its own. Will he eat smooth mash potato? you could add a little bit of corn beef to it? that doesnt give it much texture especially if you add gravy to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back