ttc after m/c

gerb

Reaction score
wasnt sure where to post this but felt to post it here was more appropriate than the m/c section

i think miscarriage must affect everyone differently, i feel the only way i will get over it is to become pregnant again. i dont know if this is right or not, i know it is soon, but i cannot bear the thought of not being pregnant by the expected due date of our last baby

all the doctors said different things to me
one said u can start to try again straight away, tho it is usually advisable to wait for a period so u know ur dates tho not necessary
another said waiting a few months is beneficial so ur ready for it again

anyway thinking ahead...we are getting married next month so we planned ttc so that i would be pregnant at the wedding and i was lucky to get pregnant on first month of ttc, however of course i am not now. i think im going to get my period on honeymoon- wen did every one get their period after a miscarriage? i have 4.5 weeks to my hm and were away for 2weeks... i definately dont want to take anything hormonal to put it off as i feel my body has been messed up alot and i dont want to interfere further.

the only contraception me and almost-hubby have ever used is condoms and i really dont want to take them on hm!! from timings the chances are that i wont ovulate on hm, but would we be really irresponsible to not take precautions on hm?? i think the chances of getting pregnant again so soon are low??

any advice please

I to had the same feelings had to get back to TTC straight away

But it is different for all, My AF came about 6 weeks after my m/c

You are surpose to be very fertile after a m/c

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there :wave:

I had an early mc in nov 05, I bled for about a fortnight and then, if I remember rightly, I had about 2 weeks of no bleeding then my first AF came. I didnt use any contraception and I got pg again in the february, on my 3rd cycle. Everyones different so I couldnt guess when your AF would be due but I'd say prob before your wedding? If I were you I would just let nature take its course. I believe if its meant to be it'll be and I can understand how you feel as I was exactly the same after my mc, I desparately wanted a baby. I think if your bodys not ready for another pg, then you wont get pg. If you know what I mean.

Good luck x :hug:

thankyou for ur replies girls- i just noticed there is a section for ttc after loss

i have almost stopped bleeding already so i am thinking sooner rather than later

we have been so busy with the wedding that its taken the emphysis off being pregnant a little...i think it will be very hard when its my only focus after the wedding!

i think ur right if my body isnt ready i wont get pregnant anyway
i appreciate all ur support, it so helpful to talk to people who have been thru this before xxx

I can understand what you are saying and I dont think that part of healing from MC is being pregnant again.

I do think however you need to be mentally and physically ready lots of women fall preg straight after MC it doesnt mean to say it will take the hurt away from the MC but I defo think it helps...

I got my AF exactly 28 days after my d and c did you have one? Or MC naturally?? i think that makes a difference in when you will ov...

The choice of waiting or not is yours.

xx :hug:

thanx for ur reply steelgoddess

i never actually had the d+c, i went in for it, but they kept me waiting all day and i couldnt cope so i left. theyd given me the misoprostol tho so i went home and miscarried, i went back and had a scan and i was lucky that it was all passed

its funny i actually felt 'over it' this morning then this afternoon i felt very sad again and had a alot of pain and more bleeding but again i feel better now

i think im trying to think that we wanted a baby and we never had one so that is why i feel the need to try. i try to think that i didnt know it and mustnt mourn it for too long incase this happens to me again and again- a coping strategy i guess. i guess im not giving myself a chance to fully grieve...

i would like to be be pregnant by may as that is wen that baby would of been due as my friend said she felt that helped her wen she miscarried (that she was pregnant again by the time the original baby was due), but i know were all different. i feel that i might not get pregnant for a while and so want plenty of time

thankyou for ur reply, perhaps im just thinkning about it all too much xxx

:wave: hi gerb good to see u over here, i completly agree with ttc straight away, my loss was in august and i have been ttc since with no luck yet, my due date was to be 5th feb and as it gets nearer and i dont have my bfp yet im feeling terrible, i think if you are expecting another little one it really helps you deal with the loss, it doesnt make you forget but it helps you see tothe future and helps you move on, all i can say is the best of luck ttc and i really hope you get your bfp soon :hug: .

thankyou for your message
i know my friend said that she know almost looks on her orignial m/c as a bonus (ok that sounds awful but in a fate kind of way) as she has an amazing little girl who she would never be without and wouldnt of had her if her original pregnacy had run full term
i guess theres no right answer only a right answer for the individual

wel claire, i really hope ALL us girlies who have suffered m/c get our bfp soon with lots of baby glue for a happy pregnancy- will keep track of whats going on, as really hope u get ur turn before februaryxxx

Hi there

I am another one who really wants to be pg before the edd of my mmc comes around.

I don't know why - maybe I am hoping that it will soften the blow of the edd.

I pray that we all get our bfp real soon :pray:

oh i really hope so for u too
hopefully the new year will bring us all happy healthy pregnancies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic