Help needed to get out of drinking at work do tomorrow

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Hi there,

Going to London tomorrow with work for an awards ceremony, our team has been nominated.

Not sure what to do about drinking, was away with work last week doing loads of activities like quad biking and I had a bit to drink (I did test before going and whilst I was there but all negative, so please dont think Im irresponsible for drinking last week and have a go at me). Anyhow, they know that there's nothing wrong with me so how can I get away with not drinking, they also know I like a good drink.

I have 2 options

1 - Tomorrow when im on the train tell them I went to doctors & I have an infection down there (and hope they dont ask any more about it)......................or
2 - Take a small bottle of vodka in my handbag that is really filled with water and pretend im sticking to vodka rather than wine on the table and that I prefer to use my own from my bag

Sounds crazy I know but what else can I do to avoid drinking??

Help please!!

i really dont know hun, if it was me then i would say im on anti bitics becus of problem down there but tbh i aint superstitious and told everyone from moment i found out so didnt have this problem. hope you sort something out.

xxxxx

Tell them you have a water/kidney infection and that you are on anti-biotics and you can not drink, if they ask what, tell them amoxicillian, defo can't drink alcohol with tha stuff.

hmmm...well I've used the "I'm on antibiotics for an infection" excuse and it's worked!

:rotfl: Busted muff...Midna you crack me up....

You can also use the suspected stomach ulcer too... Most people get a bit queasy when you start mentioning that...plus you really REALLY cannot drink with one of them... tell em your on Lanzerpol (sp? but thats how its pronounced) it heals ulcers, an 8 week course ( :rotfl: ) that way you get to 12 weeks when you miraculously come off it..

Tell them you have all the above and they'll not even wanna sit next to you! :rotfl:

I'd go with the antibiotics story and just look like you don't want to talk about it if they ask you what for!

It's my birthday on Saturday and we're going Karaoke singing with all our friends in a private room like you get in Japan. Not sure what I'm going to say about remaining sober as I've been out and not drinking with several of them in the past few weeks so I would think it was obvious and I'm clearly not on medicine for that long (although they're men so maybe not- women would guess straight off!). I guess I might just have to tell people if they ask...? Hmmm. I'm not telling work yet though!

+++

Recovering Alcoholic may work specially if u made a fuss last week :rotfl: :rotfl:

No seriously now i'm still laughing at busted muff :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No really i did the water infection anti biotics thing and it worked no prob

I always say I'm driving- or I've left my car at the station so need to drive when I get back.

x

Thank to everyone for replying, think I will just go with the antibiotics story and hopefully they wont ask any more questions.

Wont be able to say that im driving cause the do is in London and Im in Leeds so staying overnight in London, but I will use that one when Im back home and need an excuse.

Thanks again.

I'd just say you;re on antibiotics or that you have cystitis and that should be that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back