Is anybody else paranoid?

Lindsay

Reaction score
I am convinced that people at work know that I am PG. A girl I work with has announced that she is 14 weeks pregnant, well at lunch today another girl said to me, well who do you think will be next to announce they are preg? I found it a strange question to ask - well she asked again in the open office in the afternoon and then looked at me when she said it!!

The only thing that I can think of is that I used to drink a lot of coffee and since becoming pg, I can't drink it. I also went off it last time I was pg and I think that in the past I have discussed this with the girls at work. Well this afternoon I actually found myself having a coffee so that they would be put off - it was awful too! My excuse for not drinking it is that I am trying to cut down cos I was drinking too much, but not sure they buy it :?

Xxx

I nearly blurted it out by accident today when i was asked if I'd keep an eye on a project going live later in the year, I very nearly said I can't as I'll be on maternity leave :rotfl: I'm not even telling my family until after the 12 week scan so I'm not gonna tell the guys at work first!

It's on my mind constantly as I'm sure it's on yours all the time so hopefully you read more into it than was intended but I'm also positive that when you do tell them a few of them will say "I KNEW IT!" :rotfl:

I'm quite paranoid that random people on the street know, let alone people I know :D I'm sure I'm imagining it :roll:

I'm actually quite convinced that no one knows at work which is great :lol: I'm not saying anything until I have to really cos I don't want them to treat me any differently. We have a pregnant girl at work and you would think she is dying, she has to have a million breaks etc and she's only about 20 weeks. I have been offered a department change as well and I don't want them to change their mind about it! Only a few people know that I'm pregnant and they know not to say a word so I don't think it'll get out just yet.

I am relieved that I don't have to go back to work for another week...before christmas I made up an excuse of being on antibiotics :fib: for not joining in the christmas jolities as that would have been the first give away. Now my eating / drinking habits are so different as I can't stomach any dairy products, tea, coffee or sweet stuff. I used to have milky drinks, yoghurts, tons of cheese and was a bit of a biscuit/chocolate monster.....the change is bound to be noticed as soon as I go back to work! Perhaps a new years resolution can be my excuse this time.....but then there's my gym activities - I used to go with colleagues! Don't have a hope do I :wall:

It's so difficult hiding it isn't it? I am worried about Monday as the girl who would be most likely to ask outright is back then and I don't like to blatanly lie but I am going to have too :fib:

Xxx

I don't think anyone suspects at all at my work but it's my birthday next week and people keep asking me what I'm doing. I just want to keep it low key this year as I can't drink but it's tricky explaining to people that I won't be doing much and, no, I don't want to go for a drink after work....!!

i work at a nursey at NHS hospital and know many midwifes as i look after their children... they have always been very polite and chatty but since i have know i am pregnant (noone but OH knows though)/... all the midwife mums ask me... "ru ok, feeling ok"....... im sure they have a sixth sence ....... lol i am not imagening it! lol

this was before my 1st midwife appointment also... spookey!

i also swear everyone in the street is stearing at my tummy, lol

Im sure no one at work knows but im not looking forward to telling them as my boss wont be that pleased as 2 girls are im mid pregnancy and i couldnt believe it when another last week announced she was 12 weeks and the head (im a teacher) said well lets hope thats it!

Ooops too late!
xx

I'm really worried about what to say if I am asked outright, it's stressing me out big time as I hate to lie. Please help, what would you girlies do?

Xxx

I was asked outright by my friend as I said I'd not be drinking on New Years Eve. I did want to tell her but face to face not on the phone. So I just said why do you ask, have you seen a pig flying? She just laughed and the conversation moved on. When I did tell her she screamed and nearly fainted....so glad I told her in person

I think I am going to have to laugh it off. I want to tell my proper friends before I tell people who I work with. I hope that I don't get asked outright as that will make it lots easier.

Xxx

i'm going to have to hide it as i've got a review of my post coming up shortly which would mean a salary increase if all goes ok, My boss is a complete bitch and would see the pregnancy as an inconvienance to the organisation.

I am going to tell my assistant, we're good mates and i trust her 100% plus she'll be able to cover for me (as i do for her as i'm a nice boss :) )

my auntie said today now rhys is 1, its about time we thought of having another one,I just laughed but she said it agin later and Im sure shes guessed. I wet out for dinner with my friends last night and they all guessed. Im finding it hard to look people in the eye so im going to have to spill the beans soon. I dont know how people manage to keep it secret till 12 weeks!! I think they're really good!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back