Help my nipples!

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I've just had my beautiful baby girl Eva on Saturday and, thankfully, she's loving breast feeding.

Oh my God, my nipples are in agony. She's been checked loads as I instantly suspected a bad latch but on the contrary, she's latching really well.

I've tried Lansinoh but they still ache. My toes curl when she's feeding it's that sore :(

Is there anything all which will ease it or numb them? I'm desperate! Xxx

Congrats on your beautiful little girl hun :)
Honestly, whack the Lansinoh on every half hour and after every single feed.
Your nipples will adapt shortly. I remember it so well, they were cracked and bleeding :shock: I felt sick at feeding time cos I was prepared for the pain.
All I can say is persevere and be very generous with the Lansinoh and it will get better - you'll soon have nips of steel :D xx

Yep, time and lots and lots of lansinoh cream. Ur nips are still adjusting to the sucking an it will get easier as the harden up to it. Even now if Harry has a mammoth feed my nips feel sore and I get the lansinoh cream out. Xx

Same as above. I still have it on hand if LO feeds for long time or regularly at nite b4 bedtime. It does get easier.

It gets better, took about 2weeks for me. even with the best latch in the world it hurts for first while,nobody mentions that bit but i gets much better. Sounds like your doing fab. x

As per what others have said! I used to swear with the pain when he'd latch on for around the first 10 days despite Lansinoh, but I just kept going with it coz I was told latch was fine and it wouldn't hurt after about 10 seconds!.... Keep going with it hun, it will get easier! Xx

yep, first week is sore, i took painkillers and slathered on the cream, also cool things like gel packs or nice cold flannels are so nice when theyre sore

Thanks as always girls. I'm persevering. She is worth the pain. Trying painkillers and slapping on the Lansinoh now. Just reassuring to hear I'm not alone! Xxx

Oo yes that wincing pain! I would say it means you are doing everything right! Keep at it, it will pass!

Oh, I remember the pain well. It was excruciating! Just what the others have said really, it does improve, I promise! I used to cry with the pain and dread feeding! x

It does get better. It's hard being told that when ur in pain but keep with it :)

Tapatalking so can't see tickers :(

Thanks again for the encouragement and reassurance, everyone, I totally appreciate it.

My colostrum is plentiful and she's thriving which gives me such a buzz and makes the pain worth it! Xxx

Sounds like you're doing really well hunny! Just keep going and before u know it u won't feel any pain at all! Then it'll b great........til the teeth come in! Lol! Xx

Sounds like you're doing really well hunny! Just keep going and before u know it u won't feel any pain at all! Then it'll b great........til the teeth come in! Lol! Xx

Ha ha. I can just imagine the fun when the teeth are coming through :) xxx

Congrats on your little girl, and well done with the BFing! It will get better, but yes, toe-curling is a good description of the pain. My LO is just starting to teeth and I think she's chewing me a bit, so I'm back on the Lansinoh, it's great stuff. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back