Thrush in baby's mouth??

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Past two days I've had very pink very sore nipples, they burn deep down into my breasts I've googled and it could be thrush from the antibiotics i was given in labour spreading to baby.. She has white spots on roof of her mouth.. Is this thrush?? What can I do I'm in agony and she's been feeding every hour from 9 and really restless and crying alot which is very unlike her!!

It definitely could be. Both my boys had it while I was feeding them and it's agony. Go to the doctor and make sure you get treatment for both of you - preferably tablets (fluconazole I think) for you rather than the topical cream as it can get quite far inside the milk ducts so the cream isn't always very effective x

Another way you can tell with baby is put a clean finger in her mouth and see if the white comes off, if it does it's just milk. I thought this with Kynon but turns out he was just being demanding and my boobs were just really sore. Be worth checking tho as antibiotics often causes it.

I've defo got it both breasts :( so painful!!! Got cream for it but they didn't give lilyanna anything.. He said she hadn't got it and as I've had it a couple of days at least 'if she hadn't got it by now she won't get it' but what if she does and it's going bk and forth between us?? I fed her at 8 and it's still hurting like its fresh!!

Sam had nothing in his mouth when I has it but as I had it they gave him an oral suspension just to make sure. How old is she now? I know you have to wipe the cream off but you could get some Daktarin oral gel from the chemist to put on you - I think it's ok from 3 months if you put it in their mouths but might be ok on you earlier than that. I think they changed the age in case of choking x

Last edited:
He said I didn't have to wash the cream off :shock: god it's so painful :cry: surely they should treat her too??

They don't always get it but it's not unlikely that they will. Sam was only treated as a precaution as he had no signs of it. Toby had obvious White patches all over his mouth. I was told to wipe the cream off before each feed. I think it was Daktarin (the green one - there's more than one kind) x

Mines a white and red tube beginning with c.. Shall I insist they treat her too??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back