Help, I'm suffering!!!

Kerrieanne

Reaction score
Hey girls

A rather embarrassing question...

I have terrible constipation, it is so uncomfortable :(
I eat my fruit everyday, my veg and drink plenty of water and I'm still constipated.

Does anybody know have any tips on how to soothe my troubled bowels? :(

Oh i did a thread in tri1 about this last week, someone suggested prune juice and it worked a treat :)

You can also get lactulose from docs if nothing else helps.

xx

Drink plenty and lots of greens! Prune juice is good but tastes vile! Xx

I've been eating dried apricots. Same effect as the prune juice and tastes a whole lot better. Failing that get some lactulose from your GP.

prune juice, fresh orange and someone once told me clear pure apple juice.

i know its odd but i find sweetcorn sometimes helps unblock lol.

prune juice or dried prunes, dried apricots and if all else fails ur GP can prescribe u lactulose.
For me, a caramel hot choc from starbucks has me running to the toilet in 20 mins (sorry tmi lol)

None of the juice things worked for me, so had to go with lactulose - which defo clears you out :oooo: x

Hi, I have constipation with IBS and my Chinese doctor told me to only eat fruit and veg which is in season. The bowels change with the seasons and set themselves up for a seasonal diet so say in mid-winter they won't process imported summer fruits very well. Its also alot cheaper and touch wood I've had very few problems since taking her advice. Will have to wait and see what happens further in pregnancy though lol xxxxxxx

Thank you so much for your advice everyone. You may think I'm strange but I love prune juice I will give that a go as well as lots of fruit. God, I hate being constipated!

Xx

I was terribly constipated throughout our 2 week holiday in France despite drinking loads and eating tons of fruit and veggies. Prune juise and dried fruit didn't help either. Then, on the night we got back, we had an Indian take away, and that solved the problem all right! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back