Help ! im struggling

Becky&Willow

Reaction score
i love Willow with all my heartt and woundn't change her for the world but i am really struggling at the moment and i dont know why.

I think she is teething at the moment which isnt helping much, as she is being very whingy, and i fill myself getting so stressed. i dont get anytime to myself to go out (which i know is all part of being a mum) but my other half goes out all the time he is fishing right now he went golf the other night plus he works so when he sees willow he loves it as he doesent see her much but he doesent understand that sometimes i need time away to keep my sanity, he doesent offer to take her out fr a few hours or anything or the day.( i think i am resenting his freedom), i feel like such a bad a mum (which i know in my hearts of hearts im not) but times are really tough at the moment.

i have no friends to go out with or pop round to my mum works all day and my MIL gets on my nerves, i have mother an dbaby once a week and clinic but other than that i have nothing to feel my time so i find myself sitting at home all the time doing sod all and i think it os boring willow which is probably why she is whingy to.

i have no money, no friends, and no life and it is getting me down.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i feel as though i am unable to entertain willow as i am so fed up i just dont know how to please her she goes in her walker 5 mins later she is crying, i put her on the floor 5 mins later she is crying, i sit her on my lap with toys etc and 5 mins later she is whinging again.

what am i doing so wrong..

sorry for the moan i guess i am feeling a bit sorry for myself. :(

Hey,

I know what you mean about resenting your OH freedom, I used to be like that. Having a baby is a huge life change, it takes so long to get used to.
It sounds like Willow is at the teething stage, I remember it well. It is so easy to get angry with them, I used to put myself in reece's shoes and imagine what it waslike to be him.
If you ever want to have a chat im on msn...PM me and I'll give you my add..

xx

Ps. It will get better :hug:

I know exactly how you feel about your OH. Really, really frigging annoys me, really their lives haven't changed at all they still get to go do what they like when they like and never once think actually i could stay in and watch bubs and let her go out for a bit, they don't have to pre-arrange things weeks even months in advance to sort out babysitters, etc, sorry to go on but i know exactly what you mean! :wall:

:hug: :hug:

want to reply but can here D waking up will post later a :hug: for you till then

Awww hun ot can be really hard can't it, sometimes I can't put Libby down without her screaming the place down, so I generally on them days just go walking around town for a few hours :D as she stays calm in her pushchair :pray: :D

It is good that you go to clinic & mother and baby once a week or else you'd get cabin fever, maybe you could ask someone from baby group if they fancy meeting up for coffee on a different day of the week, you don't necessarily have to go out for coffee you could alternate who's home you go to.

I hope you are feeling ok about things hun, as for men :roll:

becky big hugs you are not a bad mum so don't think that for 1 minute.

its hard entertaining our little ones all day i find it hard work and i do have a supportive partner, we are here for you if thats any consolation.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i have joined a keep fit class and that is my escape one evening a week can your OH look after willow while you do something like that? also whether its just a phase but lucybee also mentioned it too but luke has been very whingy lately as well and like you i think its teething is the problem but i do sympathise as it makes it even harder then to keep them distracted.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Bless you Becky, I hope the hugs reach you with a smile, and I am sure Willow knows you are there for her and that you're a fantastic Mummy too!! I can empathize, Isaac's had a whingy day and all he wants to do is stand up, I've had lactic acid for hours :roll: they are blooming hard work sometimes!! The other ladies have said it all, just wanted to add that the bad times, well they stink, but they just make the good times great too :wink: :hug: Really hope things ease for you and you feel happier real soon :hug:

aww, I feel for you. Is there nothing on, no baby and toddler groups in your area. Most of these things are called toddler groups but actually take babies too,

Sometimes you just cannot please the little monkeys and teething time is the worst.

Firstly you are a great mommmy

Tell your husband what you need from him..men are so :doh: they need it spelling out to them.

maybe ask your HV if there are any activities in your area . mine has told me about some i haven't been to

also swimming is a great place to chat to other mommies and babies go free

babies do have a short attention span..Dylan will now spend 20 mins on hig ym that is the longest he want to do anything but will also spend 15 mins looking at his toes ..he thinks they are amazing so it doesn't have to be amazing to entertain them just what they want at that time

thanks for all your replys i know i will be ok lets hope today is a little better :pray:

Hey Becky I hope you are feeling a little better today :hug:

I was meaning to reply to this yesterday but Brody is teething too and I can't leave him alone for 2 minutes he is the same as Willow at the moment - happy for a couple of minutes then whingy or screaming bless him. It must be so hard for them. It's hard for us too :hug: I find myself running from his walker to his jumperoo to his mat to his gym just to try to find something to make him happy! :(

I know exactly what you mean about not having any friends too. I spend all my time with my sister but she's back at uni in September so she's spending a lot of time getting ready for that and come September I'll be stuck in constantly! Make sure you keep up with the clinic and mother and baby or as Emmylou says, just get out with the pushchair as much as possible! I sometimes just walk round the block to calm him (and me!) down a bit!

I think you should have a word with your OH too I'm sure it will help to talk to him about how you are feeling and maybe suggest he takes her out for a couple of hours one day even if you just have a long soak in the bath and relax for a couple of hours!

You are doing great and it's perfectly fine for you to feel sorry for yourself now and then and come on here and get it out!

Hope it gets easier for you soon hun!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back