HELP! I just finished a cold press (unpasteurized) juice cleanse and I may be pregnant. How worried?

dee_BD_xox

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been TTC for 5 months then had a blighted ovum in October at about 5 weeks pregnant. My period started like clockwork after, but I have not been completely ready to TTC again, however, I would be VERY happy to get pregnant and carry to term this time! My partner and I had sex on either the 13th or 15th day of my cycle (they vary between 28 and 30 days). My period is now due in 5 days or so. Stupid me completely was not thinking and did a 3 day juice cleanse from a local juicery - the juices are cold pressed, raw, and therefore unpasteurized.

Have I done any real damage? What should I do?

Also, I'm a little confused as to the whole issue with unpasteurized foods and pregnancy. Is having them basically a death sentence or is it more like it *could* turn out to be bad? I'm wondering if I've already cursed this pregnancy.

I'm scared I will get a BFP this month, but having done this I am worried about listeria, etc. I just had a friend lose 2 consecutively due to listeria.

Please help!
Thank you.

I wouldn't think uve done any harm. Chances are if u are pregnant this cycle that it would only be implanted now or next few days

Thanks for your reply. I am just so scared as I have had a friend miscarry twice due to listeria last year.

I want a baby so bad, I would feel so horrible and irresponsible if this went sideways.

I am a little confused on why unpasteurized juice is bad anyway. Is it that these juices really have a high chance of effecting a baby or just that they *could*? Is there a chance listeria or whatever other bacterias may be present will effect this baby now and it will continue to grow with them? I've heard they cause miscarry and stillbirth so I'm quite worried.

As long as you have stopped the juices now you should be fine if you was to get a bfp this cycle.

You will be fine don't worry. Plenty of people drink alcohol, smoke and eat all sorts of cheese that you can't have and don't know they are pregnant. These things happen.

Hi,

I have been TTC for 5 months then had a blighted ovum in October at about 5 weeks pregnant. My period started like clockwork after, but I have not been completely ready to TTC again, however, I would be VERY happy to get pregnant and carry to term this time! My partner and I had sex on either the 13th or 15th day of my cycle (they vary between 28 and 30 days). My period is now due in 5 days or so. Stupid me completely was not thinking and did a 3 day juice cleanse from a local juicery - the juices are cold pressed, raw, and therefore unpasteurized.

Have I done any real damage? What should I do?

Also, I'm a little confused as to the whole issue with unpasteurized foods and pregnancy. Is having them basically a death sentence or is it more like it *could* turn out to be bad? I'm wondering if I've already cursed this pregnancy.

I'm scared I will get a BFP this month, but having done this I am worried about listeria, etc. I just had a friend lose 2 consecutively due to listeria.

Please help!
Thank you.
Also, I realised halfway through my pregnancy that I was getting way too worried about everything. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and was therefore really anxious when I got pregnant not long after. What I learned is to relax, be sensible and just chill as much as possible

Also, I realised halfway through my pregnancy that I was getting way too worried about everything. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and was therefore really anxious when I got pregnant not long after. What I learned is to relax, be sensible and just chill as much as possible

Thank you! :) It's true, I should really work on not stressing. Oddly enough I don't think I'm pregnant but my period is 5 days late. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back