HELP - How much tax & ni to pay?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eveadel, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Eveadel

Eveadel Well-Known Member

Ive recently started work for my husbands company and I havent the 1st clue how to work out tax & ni I should be paying, Can anybody help me please and I will give you the pay amount etc

2. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

3. Eveadel

Ah thanks.

I still dont understand it as I am waiting for my P45 from my old employer to be sent to me. How do I work out the tax & ni from my old salary and my new??????????

4. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

Hasnt the tax/NI already been paid for your new employer?

Normally the company you work for takes care of all that for you and deducts it from your wages each week/month, has your husband got an accountant that can work it out for you?

5. Eveadel

No tax & ni hasnt been paid by new employer/husbands co as I wont get paid until the 27th of this month.

The awkward thing is, is that my mum does my husbands accounts etc but she has been really ill and I want to be able to do it myself instead of relying on her. We have bought Sage Payroll but I dont have the 1st clue. I dont know who to send my P45 to when I received it from old employer, etc?

6. Princess_Puddles

Princess_Puddles Well-Known Member

When you get you're P45 you will need to send one part of it to your new tax office & Payroll people so they can give you the right tax code but usually untill you get your P45 you're taxed at BR and the other bit you keep. I work with Sage L50 but I dont deal with the payroll side, we employ people to sort out our wages. I just do paying off

7. Eveadel

I really dont know what to do - maybe go on a course??