Cars that are cheap to insure and tax...?

lozzi

Reaction score
Im looking at possibly gettin a new car, thinking of spending 2/3k.

But i want somethign that is cheap to insure adn tax.

Me dad pays £35 a YEAR for his tax..

Im paying £99 EVERY 6 months...

thanks in advance...

So what car do you drive?? ANd how much does it cost to tax it?

My car is fairly low to tax (although nowhere near as low as your dads), it's a skoda fabia estate classic.
Not so cheap to insure but that's not really because of the car, it's because I'm under 25 and only have 1 years NCB.

Xena said:
My car is fairly low to tax (although nowhere near as low as your dads), it's a skoda fabia estate classic.
Not so cheap to insure but that's not really because of the car, it's because I'm under 25 and only have 1 years NCB.

Do you mind me asking how much ur tax is?

What makes a car cheaper to tax :S age of car? fuel?

Honestly I have no idea what makes it cheaper :?

Mine is a 2006 model anyway. And it takes unleaded 95 fuel.

My tax is £115 for a year, or £63.25 for 6 months (currently I've got a 6 month disc).

My insurance is gonna be something stupid regardless, as im 20

1 1/2 years since i passed my test..... so i my ins is gonna be daft regardless, just want it to be as cheap as pos...

Fess' up ladies what car ahve you got and how much is ur tax?

Thanks!

charlie84 said:
I have a vauxhall corsa, i pay £115 a year for tax.

is it a "newer" shape corsa?

If so... how big are the boots?

Im looknig at one of em as an option...

Nah its a v reg so its the old shape.

Mine has a small boot, which is one of the reasons i want a new car. I cant fit my buggy in it, didnt really check when i got the buggy, plus its only a three door. So will be a struggle when the babies car seat switches to the back seat.

The new shape corsa seems alot bigger than mine so go have a nosey it might have a good size boot on it.

Mine has been cheap to insure and tax being such a small engine sized car. I think the tax goes up on cars which tend to emit more pollutants, such as larger engines.

Sorry just another reply from me - this is my car ;) (pic from Summer hence the nice weather lol)

001.jpg

you can get the regular non-estate versions though which are smaller, but imo the boot is too small for a pram. this estate one has an awesome big boot. I can fit my tandem pram in plus a fair amount of shopping!

sorry I'm not trying to seem like a car saleswoman lmao

LOL....

one problem tho.>

i cant park to save me life...

when i had a fiesta i struggled! lol

When i was buying me astra, i test drove a vectra, it was like driving a tank, so it has to be relatively small.... lol

BUT lol

big enough to house a fair sized pram :D

I used to be horrific at parking. It once took me 45 minutes to parallel park on an empty street lmao.

but I'm pretty good at it now. practice makes perfect :D

dads car isnt a diesel by any chance? as i know newer diesels tend to be in lower tax bracket - friends 206 diesel for example is £35/year too! im personally around £200/year :(

Craig said:
dads car isnt a diesel by any chance? as i know newer diesels tend to be in lower tax bracket - friends 206 diesel for example is £35/year too! im personally around £200/year :(

yeah me dads is a 1.4hdi

he winds me up every twelve months about it grrr lol

See your new to the forum...

Hello and welcome :)

Your name, obviously its not you with the bump, how far is the missus?

We have a Honda Jazz and its 35pound every 6mths to tax

lozzi said:
Craig said:

yeah me dads is a 1.4hdi

he winds me up every twelve months about it grrr lol

See your new to the forum...

Hello and welcome :)

Your name, obviously its not you with the bump, how far is the missus?

yea, i take alot of stick for the tax too! lol

and yea, not me with the bump lol shes 16 weeks :)

I've got a diesel Peugeot 206, its £120 a year...my hubby has a petrol Renault Scenic and its about the same for 6 months!! :shock:

Isnt Tax on newer cars depend on much its Essioms (spelling) are? The lower it is the cheaper the tax, has for older cars im not sure how that goes off tax...

I have a Toyota Yaris and for a full year is around £100-£110 for a years tax.....

Smaller cars should have less Tax, and with all coming in five doors im sure you can find something that fits you well....

Yaris' are wonderful little cars, and you can make the boot shaep bigger by pulling the backseats foward.....Just an idea

a diesel ford fusion would give u 35 a yr tax and its a low insurance grp 4 or 5 , can get one for 3k too

as for me , my tax is well , 140 odd for months at min , hence why she'll be going , as she;s also group 15 insurance

My mam's car is really cheap. Its a Suzuki Alto. Its a little noddy car lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back