Cars that are cheap to insure and tax...?

Try this site as it has a listing for the group ratings cars fall into to give you some idea. http://www.expertcardirectory.co.uk/car-insurance-groups.htm

You need the lowest group you can get, so things like a Ford Fiesta without any extras, or a Corsa or as the list says a Seat Arosa or the like. And the smaller the engine the better it is tax/insurance wise also. When you phone for insurance quotes as them the group the car falls in to. They can tell you and it'll give you an idea of how you can come down a group or two maybe, if say the one you like is a group 7, go back to the drawing board and look for a group 5. Might only be the engine size and extra doors or something but it makes a difference.

If you buy anything with added extras, injection engine it will increase what you pay.

Your father paying less than you may have to do with his age, no claims and car he drives, also if its fully comp or thrid party.

Hope that helps.

You can't get cheaper to tax than my car....its free!!!! Nelly is a classic beetle, she costs £1800 and is free to tax.

a605389309_130620_6790.jpg

And heres our T25, not sure how much she is to tax and insure because I don't drive her yet but because we go camping in her she's worth her weight in gold!!

a605389309_130626_9563.jpg

She has a high top on now but we havent taken any photos of it yet.

Lou :)

I've got a Renault Megane and it is £260 a year insurance for me fully comp.
No idea about the tax though it's a 1.6. My last car was a Corsa and that was really cheap to tax and insure

I had a 1.1 litre Fiat Punto and think that was about £115 a year to tax and insurance was around £330 a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back