HELP!!! High bmi when pregnant

Emmamb

Reaction score
I've just had a phone call from the antenatal clinic and apparently the consultant has looked at my notes and because of my high bmi he wants me to take vitamin d tablets and I'm gonna have to inject myself into my stomach for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm v v concerned,never heard of this b4.
I was the same weight wen I had my last son and never had this intervention,but ended up wiv a c section so also wondered if this had somethin to do with the consultants decision.
I'm a bit annoyed that I haven't had any consultation as to y this goin to happen and I've never even seen this consultant so I'm presuming it's regular practise although my best friend is about the same weight as me and she never had the injections. Can any1 help at all?
I've gotta go to the clinic tomorrow but I'm scared :( xx

aaawww hun, i'm sorry to hear that.... you got me worrying now too... i have a high bmi too, i'm wondering whether i'm going to be the same...? xx

What bothers me the most is that I didn't have this in last pregnancy although my bmi was the same,and that my m8 didn't have it...only difference is she was booked in at a different hospital where maybe the policies are different.
I knew from bookin in that I'd b under consultant care cos of my bmi and cos of previous c section.
I really don't think I'm gonna b able to inject myself xx

aaawww, it's amazing that so many hospitals are so different. I am under consultant care because of high bmi but also because of the strength of diabetes in the family... but yes I understand where you are coming from... don't think I could inject either :-( I hope all is ok... keep us posted and i'll let you know if I am the same when I see the consultant again on 23rd sept! I've got my Glucose tests on the 20th so praying that I don't have pregnancy diabetes either... oh the joys eh? xx

I've got a letter waitin 4 me at hospital about glucose tolerence test..that among other stuff,really dreading tomorrow,at least I can go in anytime after 9 and it's a 20 min drive sowobt have to wait around much once I'm up x

I don't have a high BMI but I do know that they are starting to advised mums to be to take vitamin d supplements as well as folic acid now due to occurances of rickets - she said it's due o the fact that lots o people wear sunscreen everyday so it's becoming more prevelant. I was told to take supplement, so I just got Pregnacare as it's in there! This wa totally new to me and I only had my daughter 3 yrs ago! Not sure about the injections though sorry x

i also have a high bmi and i have been told to take vit d suppliments iv also had a csection i have a consultant who is lovely but very hot on checking everything i have to test my glocouse twice daily although it not too high so not a prob i also have to see an anesatist next week in case i want epidural or another csection because of my bmi
i never had any of this having my dd on the plus side your growth scaned here with high bmi so iv got to see baby alot more:)

is it only for vitamin D? if so you can easily take that in pills.

I'm taking vit d in tablets and injectin clexane (to prevent blood clots) into my stomach x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back