Help - Full internal

notty

Reaction score
Apologies for repeating myself but i have posted this in the section - TTCing with fertility problems.

I have an appointment for March 3 to have an ultra scan to check for ovarian cysts but i am also booked in for a full internal :shock:
I am due a laparoscopy in april or May to check for endometriosis.
What can i expect with the full internal next month? I had a quick internal last month when swabs were taken etc but i am now worrying about a full one.
Anyone else been through it? I'm cacking myself :shock:

Im not really sure what a 'full internal'' means but please try not to worry too much about it. All these checks are to help you and will bring you a step closer to conceiving so think of it as a positive thing (I know it prob wont be particularly nice but if it means you can get help for getting your BFP then its def worth it!)

Thanks for your reply and although i know you're right i am a frantic worrier at the best of times :lol:
I was just thinking that maybe a full internal means a vaginal ultrasound along with an ultrasound scan? If i know what to expect then it won't seem so bad.... well, that's the theory anyway :lol: :shock:

could you not ring and ask - I know it might be a bit awkward but at least you'd know....
Or someone else on here might know....I guess you could wait a bit and see if anyone else logs on who has had one?

They said they were sending a letter out to me to confirm it so i'll wait until that arrives but if i still don't know by then i'll ring again and ask.
Got to keep telling myself that it can't be as bad as childbirth :rotfl: :shock:

By the look of some of the stories Ive read on here - nothing can be as bad as childbirth!!!! :lol: its not put me off though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back