• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help finding a dress for a wedding?

teampc

Reaction score
Ok ladies, one of my bestest buddies is getting married march 12th, so I need a dress

now im normally much more organised than this and would already have my outfit planned lol however I am struggling to find any nice bump friendly dresses that are suitable lol

To give you an idea I normally get dresses for these occasions from places like coast or debenhams/house of frasier

I was thinking something thats nice and fitted over my boobs would be good then quite floaty for the bottom bit.

Only colours off the list are white (obviously lol) and lemon/yellow as thats her colour for the wedding

So I thought Id see if any of you lovely lot could give me some ideas :)
Oh Im a 16 ish and by then I will be 5months ish, and if possible I like to buy in shops so I can try things on

help :)
x

Do you like sleeves/short sleeves/sleeveless??? Any colours you hate?

xx

i pretty much always go strapless :)
but I am happy with just about anything to be honest, as long as its fabulous Im happy lol

as for colours......im really not bothered Ill wear anything really.
My only stipulation normally is that it must go with a pair of irregular choice shoes (cus then I have an excuse to buy another pair :D ) but luckily they come in just about every colour imaginable (and I already have a few pairs in teh cupboard to choose from)

oh no i didnt know top shop did maternity...will have an online nosey

sadly nothing on there is appealing to me, only one I thought looked weddingy but its not available in my size (think Id need two of whats available to fit lol)

also made me realise I dont think I want black .... just not sure its wedding appropriate

Depends how much you want to spend really but Tiffany Rose.com have some gorgeous maternity occasion dresses. I particularly like the Grace dress in ivory. Emma Bunton wore it on Dancing on Ice a couple of weeks back - I admired it when I was preg with my daughter 3 years ago! They are very pricey but have some stuff in the sale. They have some floaty ones too xxx

Hi
I have a wedding to go to on 19th Feb when I will be almost 30 weeks and I have bought a dress from m&s per una range for £40 which is a blue maxi print dress. It's not a maternity dress but I found it in the shop and it is fitted on my boobs and flowy underneath. I was a size 12 before getting pregnant and have bought a size 16 and there is plenty of room (could have got away with the 14 but liked where the line went under my boobs better on the 16). Its blue/purple in colour and I think quite pretty even though I'm not normally one for flowery things. I didn't want to spend a fortune and can probably wear heels or flip flops if my feet hurt! Will try and post the link to it on their website in case you like it (not sure the photos do it justice but as I say I found it in store) http://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www...031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

Jodie x

I got a gorgeous grecian style one shoulder full length from peacocks for a wedding in may.. even though im not going now. Im normally an 8 but got it in a 10 and its fab.. will go over any size bump. Also got a few jewels under the boobs so not plain. Ill try and find if they still have it online. It was reduced from £30 or £40 to a tenner :D

Ooh thats a really good website beth x

Thanks guys, im on my phone right now which isnt cooperating with me looking at links lol so I will put it top of my list for when I get to work in the morning (i like to ease myself into my day lol)

I was thinking non maternity would work in the right style so im looking forward to noseying at everyones links

There's a nice khaki coloured maxi maternity dress in next that would look great with matching accessories. You wouldn't know it's maternity cos of the style.

oh my god tiffany rose stuff is gorgeous :)
now normally I probably wouldnt mind paying that sort of money but since I wont be able to get lots of use out of it Im a bit more reluctant lol however I will keep it in mind just incase (or if I suddenly get invited to lots of stuff this year)

I think Im going to convince mum or hubby that we should go into bristol at the weekend so I can have a rummage around some shops and see what I can find :) You have all inspired me to try a load of different styles that should be bump friendly :D

Try ASOS website as they do trendy maternity dresses & look on eBay too for Tiffany Rose as they sometimes sell them on there & they've only been worn once to a special event - well worth a try.

Sunnyb xxx

thanks for this thread. i have our friends(one set of our godparents) wedding to go to on 30th may. im due on 23rd june so finding something to wear is going to be a nightmare. think im going to be better off waiting until end of april beginning of may cos i might be massive i might not i just dont know.

at least i can also have a look at these links though and get some deas.

xxx

Hey hun have a look at;

http://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.co.uk/

It says bridesmaid but ignore, the dress is amazing!! U can taylor the colour and lengh but basically u can wear like 10 different ways!! U can stick a cardy over it for winter/spring and re-weear loads of times as u can wear in sooo different ways with different accessories!!! :) plus it said maternity friendly on there somewhere I'm sure! X

WOW constantstar that is one clever dress!!! Good work sherlock!!!

xx

Its lovely :) I'm considering getting one myself!! U can also buy the bandeau from them for underneath if u don't wanna show so much flesh or have big boobs !!:)

Corrr...I might get one too...so pretty and quite unusual! I probably would need some help reigning my boobs in...they're becoming monsters!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back